Book MRI Scan Brain in Mumbai
- Hazy vision
- Multiple sclerosis
- Swelling in the region
- Inflammatory diseases
- Bleeding in the head region
- Damaged blood vessels
- Anomalies in development and structure
- Mental illnesses including depression and anxiety
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Mumbai
- Mumbai is one of the top-tier cities of India, and it comprises the country’s one of best and most efficient health facilitated systems. The health infrastructure of Mumbai is developed to such an extent that the city has been given the status of the ‘Health capital’ of Maharashtra.
- This health department of Maharashtra operates a huge chain of 350+ government and private health centres alongside 600+ clinical laboratories distributed around the city conveniently. Labs are distributed in such a way, making them accessible for residents and travellers. Mumbai’s health department treats many people regularly owing to such a network.
- Furthermore, Mumbai’s health centres are accommodated with all proficient category-specials. And its government has loaded laboratories of the city with the most up-to-date tools and machines to treat patients promptly while maintaining comfort and precision.
- The frequency of infectious influence in Mumbai quickly increases, including threatening diseases such as syphilis, diabetes, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and several other chronic illnesses. However, early detection is essential in these illnesses to resolve problems fully.
- In this case, you should keep your health profiles up to date, which you can do by routinely scheduling scans of vital organs. With the MFine app, you can easily access medical services in Mumbai within minutes.
Why book an MRI Scan Brain?
MRI scan of the brain is used for numerous regions. Generally, it monitors the progression and prognosis of brain diseases. Moreover, scan reports also indicate the presence of brain tumours and clots, which help the doctor prescribe follow-up treatments. Apart from these, a wide range of diseases can also be detected through the scan. Some of the conditions are listed below:
- Congenital abnormalities
- Venous malformations
- Subdural hematoma
If you’re suffering from any associated infections or symptoms, it is highly prescribed to take the MRI scan of brain at the earliest possible.
What are all tests included in the MRI Scan Brain?
MRI Scan Brain uses various imaging methods to determine the in-depth condition of a patient’s brain. Procedures such as:
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Single-photon emission (SPECT) scans
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
Computed tomography (CT)scan
A CT scan can aid in diagnosis by displaying the brain’s affected area. CT scans can be used to identify brain haemorrhages and determine if anyone who has had a stroke can safely administer clot-dissolving medications intravenously.
Single-photon emission (SPECT) scan
This is a type of nuclear imaging test that can assess certain aspects of the brain.
Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
These scans use radioactive isotopes infused into the circulation to create two- and three-dimensional images of brain activity. PET scans can be used to assess persons with epilepsy or certain memory impairments and detect changes in the brain after an injury.
However, you can consult a doctor if you want more information about the procedure. MFine can help you in this case; you arrange any medical services, including doctor consultations and lab scans, including MRI scans of the brain. Book MRI scan of Brain in Mumbai right away!
What preparation is required for the MRI Scan Brain?
- Firstly, dress comfortably to avoid discomfort in the middle of the procedure.
- Before the test, you’re asked to remove your jewellery, piercings, and other metal objects. Though, you can leave them apart at home.
- Disclose any allergies and addictions and your routine medications and supplement intake as an iodine-based contrast dye is used during the procedure. Several allergies and contrast dyes altogether can cause side effects.
- If you’ve claustrophobia, please technician and assistants especially.
- Make sure the doctor is aware of your medical history. Inform the doctor if you have a family history of early heart diseases, hypertension, diabetes, stroke, and cholesterol abnormality
- Nevertheless, asked or not, if you’re pregnant / breastfeeding / menstruated, please consult a doctor before the test-additionally, information about your implants, splints, vascular stents, pacemaker devices, etc.
What is the average cost of the MRI Scan Brain in Mumbai?
The cost of MRI Scan Brain depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Mumbai ranges from Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost when booking the appointment.
How to book MRI Scan Brain in Mumbai?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for an MRI scan?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting an MRI scan done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for MRI scans?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for MRI scans. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the MRI scan test?
Yes, you can easily reschedule the appointment for an MRI scan with the MFine app. Just go to the app, and there is an option to reschedule the appointment.
Why is it prescribed to wear earbuds while processing the MRI test?
It’s not rocket science. You’re advised to wear earbuds during the process as the MRI machines make banging sounds while taking images of your brain, which might irritate or annoy you.
How long does the MRI scan of the brain take?
The entire process of the MRI scan usually takes about 30 to 60 minutes.
Who should stay away from the MRI scan of the brain?
Pregnant women in their first trimester are told to avoid elevated magnetic fields during pregnancy, as it can lead to foetal abnormalities. Other than pregnant patients, individuals with implantable devices, intracranial aneurysm clips, and Cochlear are also advised to avoid the scan as the strong magnet used during the scan.
How will I interact with the doctor when I'm in the MRI scanner?
There’s no need to worry about the instance. However, the MRI machines are equipped with microphones that allow you to talk with doctors or employees.
How do MRI scans help you?
MRI is used to detect issues with the brain, spinal cord, skeleton, chest, lungs, belly, pelvis, wrists, hands, ankles, and feet, among other things. In some situations, it can produce clear images of bodily components that aren’t visible with an X-ray, CT scan, or ultrasound.
Is MRI a more thorough examination than a CT scan?
Both scans aid in the diagnosis of a variety of medical disorders. Although both types of scans serve the same purpose, they produce images differently. An MRI scan uses powerful magnetic fields and radio waves, whereas a CT scan uses X-rays. CT scans are less expensive and more widespread, while MRI scans provide more detailed images.
When will I receive the results of my brain MRI scan?
Usually, the scan reports and photos can be obtained within a couple of days. Afterwards, a radiologist or doctor will review the scan and provide you with a report explaining the results. However, the time may vary based on your condition and the radiologist’s availability.
When will I get the Brain MRI scan report?
The reports and the images of the scan can be made available within 1 to 2 days. The doctor or the radiologist will review your scan and prepare a report that explains them.
Can I talk during an MRI scan?
Yes. The technologist will communicate with you throughout the exam. You can also talk to the technologist or ask questions at various times.
Are there any food restrictions before or after the MRI scan?
You shouldn’t have to do anything to prepare for a head MRI. You may be able to eat, drink, and take your medications normally. However, if your doctor ordered a scan for another part of your body, like the abdomen, you might be told not to drink or eat for four to six hours before the test.