Start The First 60 Minutes Of Your Day With These Healthy Habits
- Binish Ahmed
- 3 Min Read
A new day means a new start! To make the best of the day, it is important that you kick off your mornings with healthy practices. With that being said, start your day with these 7 healthy habits to improve your overall wellbeing and for a long-lasting change.
Get hydrated asap
Drinking water provides a lot of health benefits, that is why you must always start the day with a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
- Water hydrates your body after a long sleep
- Boosts your level of alertness
- Increases your metabolic rate
Splash your face with cold water
Brush, scrape and floss
Proper dental routine ensures removal of plaque which is one of the most common reasons for gum disease and tooth decay.
- Brushing your teeth prevents dental cavities and gum disease
- Flossing can help prevent periodontal disease
- Removes bacteria and prevents bad breath
Reduce stress with meditation
The need to relieve stress is greater amid our demanding schedules and busy lives. When you start your mornings with meditation you are bound to feel more relaxed and energised.
- Choose a time for meditation & stick to it
- Create a designated place to meditate
- Don’t rush it and be consistent every day
Exercise for a minimum of 10 minutes
Get some sun
- Sunlight is a source of vitamin D which is important for your bones
- Reduces stress and improves your sleep
- Improves mood and fights off depression
Breakfast is a must
This one is a no-brainer: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It literally means breaking your “fast” after long hours of slumber. Experts say that eating a well-balanced meal has benefits that last well beyond your morning routine.
- Breakfast energizes your brain and body
- Improves focus and concentration
- Reduces the risk of chronic ailments
Incorporate these simple habits into your routine and find a newer and healthier version of yourself.
Have you planned on any new year resolutions? What goals do you aim to achieve? Do you have any favourite healthy tips? Let us know in the comment below. #StartHealthy #StayHealthy
You might also like to watch
How Much Green Tea is Too Much|Green Tea Side Effects
Dysmenorrhea Treatment | Tips for Period Cramps Relie
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
It's Okay to Not be Okay | Psychiatrist's Take on Mental Health Stigma