Health A to Z Last updated on 2021-03-25 19:35:25
Gentlemen, Watch Out For These 3 Penile Problems
- Dr. Sreelekha Daruvuri
- 3 Min Read
- Fact Checked
Sex, when marred by certain conditions, can ruin a great experience. Particularly with men, disorders like erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation are very common. Besides these, there are certain penile complications that cause trouble while having sex and can then lead to further problems like low performance, lack of interest, stress and anxiety. Some penile problems can turn a positive sexual experience into a negative one. Andrology suggests that these disorders are more common than one can imagine. The good news, though, is that they are completely curable. Let’s look at each of penile problems in detail:
- Ischemic priapism is when blood fails to leave the penis and is considered an emergency and requires immediate treatment. The symptoms include erections lasting for over four hours even without arousal, a rigid shaft with a soft penis tip, and penile pain. Recurrent priapism or stuttering priapism is a form found in men who inherit sickle cell disease that block the blood vessels in the penis. It is believed that over 40% of men with sickle cell disease will suffer from priapism at some point.
- Non-ischemic priapism is less painful and occurs when the blood flow in the penis isn’t regulated properly. The symptoms remain similar to ischemic priapism except herein, the penile shaft seems erect but not completely rigid.
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Scar tissue under the skin of the penis
- Problems getting or maintaining an erection
- The penis becoming shorter or shrinking
Consult a Andrologist
Check out these videos
Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Covaxin and Covishield | Latest Updates
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
Who are Susceptible to Heart Attack?
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
- Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Read more on Health A to Z
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!