Health A to Z Last updated on 2021-02-26 20:39:24
How Quality Healthcare Is Everyone's Right
- Dr. Sreelekha Daruvuri
- 2 Min Read
The right to health is one of the most fundamental human rights, which is mutually agreed upon internationally by all nations. It clearly states that everyone has the right to the highest attainable standards of physical and mental health without discrimination. This comprises of all kinds of medical services, sanitation, proper food, healthy living arrangements and working conditions and a clean environment. The freedoms and entitlements included in this right are-
- The right to control one’s health and body and the right to be from any non-consensual interference. Healthcare should be publicly available and should be financed publicly and equitably.
- There should be a system of health protection that provides everyone with the opportunity to enjoy the highest attainable standards of health.
The standards of the human right to healthAny healthcare system designed under this act must follow the below-mentioned standards-
- Universal access- Access to healthcare must be universal and equitable. It should be affordable for everyone and comprehensive enough. It should be physically accessible to everyone.
- Availability- Proper healthcare infrastructure such has well-equipped hospitals, healthcare facilities, trained professionals and pharmaceuticals must be available in all geographical areas and to all communities.
- Acceptability and dignity- The services provided by healthcare institutions must respect the dignity and strive to provide culturally acceptable care. They should be available and responsive to the needs based on gender, age, culture and the different ways of life. Ethics of operation and professional confidentiality should be maintained.
- Quality- This refers to all healthcare processes being of sufficient quality and being carried out in an ethical, standardized and patient-friendly manner.
Consult a General Physician
Check out these videos
Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Covaxin and Covishield | Latest Updates
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
Who are Susceptible to Heart Attack?
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
- Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Read more on Health A to Z
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!