Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
G6A5 12weeks3days Gestation
12 Weeks Pregnant - Pregnancy Week-by-Week
After the first period of pregnancy, known as early pregnancy, a mother enters the second trimester. When a mother enters the 12th week of her pregnancy, her first trimester comes to an end. It is at this stage that the mother’s risk of getting a miscarriage lessens with her energy levels rising and her pregnancy beginning to look more visible. Many mothers choose this period to make the official announcement about her pregnancy.
12 weeks pregnancy symptoms:
- The mother starts to gain weight considering the baby is now the size of a lime or an apricot and his/her’s external sex organs will soon begin to show.
- At 12 weeks pregnant, the mother’s uterus grows rapidly and begins to shift to the centre of the abdomen as opposed to the pelvic region.
- Some of the common 12 weeks pregnant symptoms include the typical early pregnancy symptoms reducing. These include lesser urge to urinate, nausea, tender breasts and nipple, tiredness. However, with the end of the first trimester, the second trimester includes dizziness.
- Being 12 weeks pregnant, the mother goes through a wave of emotions but is able to manage most symptoms better than before.
- Dizziness or feeling lightheaded is an added symptom mostly owing to low blood sugar levels.
Changes the mother goes through:
- It is at this stage that the mother can start shopping for looser fitting clothes. As the body is beginning to significantly change, the mother is recommended to rest a lot.
- Changes in hormones lead to changes in sex drive, bloating or gas, a heightened sense of smell, extra vaginal discharge and frequent headaches.
Status of the baby at the 12 weeks stage:
When a mother does the 12 weeks pregnant ultrasound, she will find the fetus developing day by day. The baby is said to be 3 inches long, with fingers and toes becoming more defined. The fingernails begin to develop and the kidney starts to produce urine and the muscles begin to contract. The 12 weeks pregnant ultrasound can be used to assess risk or complications, sometimes even involving a blood test to check for any abnormalities in the fetus. At this stage, the baby’s heartbeat can be heard.
Why pay the gynecologist regular visits?
During the entire duration of the pregnancy, it is important for mothers to have good gynecologists and OB-GYNs that they can trust. This will ensure that they receive the best medical attention throughout their pregnancy. To find top gynecologists near you, download the mfine app and schedule an instant consultation.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App