Haemoglobin Test in Hyderabad
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book A Haemoglobin Test in Hyderabad?
What is the Haemoglobin test used for?
The Haemoglobin test requires a sample of your blood to determine Haemoglobin levels. Sometimes, testing for Haemoglobin takes place as a part of a complete blood count (CBC). A CBC test also measures other essential components of your blood, such as white blood cells and platelets. Any abnormality in levels of these cells could indicate an underlying condition or blood disorder.
- A parent or another family member suffers from a blood disorder, such as sickle cell disease.
- There is an infection in your body.
- Your diet lacks iron.
- A traumatic injury or surgery caused you to lose plenty of blood.
- Your pregnancy causes some abnormalities as well.
- You may have another medical condition that affects Haemoglobin levels.
What is included in the Haemoglobin test?
A Haemoglobin test aims to check the Haemoglobin level in your blood. The Haemoglobin test generally provides three results, including:
- Haemoglobin levels are within normal limits
- They may be over the normal range, or
- They may be below the normal range
Please review the following list of common symptoms of high and low Haemoglobin levels.
Low Haemoglobin levels are also called anaemi The cause of anaemia can be diverse, with a wide range of symptoms. Common anaemia symptoms can include:
- Paleness of palm, skin and internal eyelids
- breathing difficulties
- irregular or rapid heartbeat
- discomfort or pain in the chest
- Generalised weakness
- Feeling tired after physical activity
Polycythemia refers to high Haemoglobin levels. The condition occurs when there is increased levels of Haemoglobin than the normal with or without an increase in the number of red blood cells
The following symptoms are associated with high Haemoglobin levels:
- An itchy feeling
- easily getting bruised or bleeding
- excessively sweating
- Painful swelling of joints
- Unusual weight loss
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Leading to a reddish or purple hue to the skin
Procedure for a Haemoglobin test
An assessment of Haemoglobin level involves using a sample of your blood. This sample will then be stored in the vial to be examined later in the lab.
How to prepare for the Haemoglobin Test?
Getting a Haemoglobin test does not require any special preparation. If your doctor has also ordered other blood tests, you may need to fast before the test. You will be informed of any special instructions by your healthcare provider. However, we suggest that you drink plenty of water.
Things to consider after the Haemoglobin Test is complete!
Following your test, you can continue with your normal activities. During the first 24 hours after your blood is collected, you should avoid lifting heavy items with the arm used to take your blood sample.
Afterwards, your doctor will review the Haemoglobin test results with you. Depending on the results, the doctor may recommend additional tests. Treatment will depend on the underlying condition. Talk to your doctor about the possible treatment options. Those undergoing treatment for a blood disorder may have to undergo regular Haemoglobin tests.
What types of infection can the Haemoglobin Test detect?
Testing your Haemoglobin level is often done to determine whether you have anaemia, a condition characterised by low Haemoglobin levels and/or red blood cell count. Anaemia prevents your cells from receiving enough oxygen. In addition to Haemoglobin tests, other tests may also be performed, such as:
- Hematocrit, an indicator of the red blood cell count in your body
- Complete blood count, indicating how many and what type of cells your blood contains.
How much does the Haemoglobin Test cost?
Usually, Haemoglobin tests are part of a complete blood count. The location and cost of where blood is collected affect the price of your blood test. Your provider will also charge you for the laboratory that receives your blood sample. Consult your doctor or insurance provider about the expected costs, including copays or deductibles. The general range for this test is around rupee 100-300
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the Haemoglobin Test?
You can expect to get the results for the Haemoglobin test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in some cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Haemoglobin Test results indicate?
A high level of any one of your levels may not necessarily indicate a medical problem. Moreover, if you live at a high altitude, your Haemoglobin level may be higher than usual. Your doctor will be able to tell you more about the test results.
Several factors can cause your Haemoglobin levels to be outside the normal range. An elevated Haemoglobin level can be a sign of:
- Lung disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Polycythemia vera, a condition in which the bone marrow produces too many red blood cells. Patients may experience headaches and fatigue as a result.
Haemoglobin levels below normal may be a sign of:
- An iron deficiency
- A disease of the liver
- Cancer and other diseases
Disclaimer: Consult your doctor for interpretation of test results.
Is the Haemoglobin Test a definitive test?
One of the most common tests performed in medical assessments is the Haemoglobin test. It is regularly performed and relied upon in various health care settings.
No test is 100% accurate. Since the Haemoglobin result can be affected by factors that do not necessarily indicate a health problem. In some cases, test results may not accurately reflect healthy Haemoglobin levels such as in pregnant women, dehydrated individuals, and those who live in high altitudes.
How to read the Haemoglobin Test report?
For men, Haemoglobin levels below 13 g/dL are considered low. For women, Haemoglobin levels below 12 g/dL constitute low Haemoglobin levels, if not pregnant.
Depending on the circumstances, the threshold may change. Be sure to check your lab’s reference range, as it can also differ depending on the lab. Children may also differ in these levels according to their age, particularly in infants under six months of age. Below is the healthy range for Haemoglobin levels according to age:
- Infants – 11-18
- Young Children- 11.5- 16.5
- Adult Males- 13- 16.5
- Adult Females(pregnant)- 11-16
- Adult Females(not pregnant)- 12-16
Why book a Haemoglobin Test?
- Symptoms of anaemia, such as dizziness, fatigue, pale skin, and cold hands and feet
- Having a history of thalassemia, sickle cell anaemia, or other inherited blood disorder
- Having a diet lacking in iron and minerals
- A long-term infection
- An injury or surgery that caused you to lose a significant amount of blood
If you have any of these conditions, you should consult a doctor on this subject as a preventive measure.
Haemoglobin Test at home – how does it work?
The Haemoglobin Test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. They take blood into vials according to the requirements. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with Haemoglobin Test?
The risks associated with a blood test are very slim. Occasionally, you may experience a slight bruising or pain where the needle punctured your skin; however, these symptoms will subside within a few hours. It is possible to get an infection, especially if the area where the needle penetrated becomes exposed or dirty before the skin has healed.
What can affect the results of the Haemoglobin Test?
While there are a few factors like age, menstrual cycle, e.t.c. that influence Haemoglobin levels. If you have abnormal levels, it does not necessarily indicate a medical problem needing treatment. A few factors that can affect the results are diet, activity level, medication, and a woman’s menstrual cycle. Furthermore, if you live in an area with a high altitude, your Haemoglobin level may be higher than usual. Consult your physician for a more detailed explanation of your results.
Why Book the Haemoglobin Test?
- Haemoglobin is a vital enzyme in our bodies, and an imbalance in its levels can have a variety of negative consequences. It is recommended that haemoglobin levels be monitored more frequently by scheduling haemoglobin lab tests at regular intervals. haemoglobin transports oxygen to other vital organs and tissues in the body, including the liver, lungs, kidneys, and heart.
- Haemoglobin is also involved in the transportation of carbon dioxide from the tissues and organs to the lungs. Doctors recommend the haemoglobin test to monitor and analyze haemoglobin levels in the blood. If you are suffering from infections due to imbalanced haemoglobin levels, you can immediately book a haemoglobin test in Hyderabad.
For further assistance
Book Haemoglobin Test Near Me in Hyderabad | MFine
Book Haemoglobin Test Near Me in Hyderabad | MFine
What Does the Haemoglobin Test Measure?
- This test examines the protein enzymes produced by our bone marrow called haemoglobin in per deciliters of our body. In some cases, a haemoglobin test is performed as part of a CBC (Complete Blood Count) test, which measures all critical components, including haemoglobin, to assess the characteristics of various body components.
- With the help of MFine, you can arrange a fast haemoglobin test in Hyderabad if you are experiencing any concerns.
What Preparation is Needed for the Haemoglobin Test?
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
- Abnormal haemoglobin levels may be due to either high or decreased haemoglobin levels. Both of these outcomes can indicate a variety of illnesses. Some of them are listed below:
- Higher levels indicate -
- Cardiovascular problems.
- Polycythemia Vera.
- Lungs disorders.
- Decreased levels indicate -
- Iron deficiency.
- Liver infection.
- Chronic diseases.
- A patient with an aberrant haemoglobin profile should have blood tests, particularly haemoglobin tests, performed more frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Hyderabad?
Yes, you can easily avail of sample collection for various tests at home. MFine makes it easier since, with a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available online for download within the mentioned time period.
What is the cost of the haemoglobin Test in Hyderabad?
The price of tests varies according to the laboratories and infrastructure they use. Various cities charge different fees for the same tests. The cost of this test in Hyderabad often ranges from Rs. 100 to Rs. 300.
I stay in Chennai. Can I book a haemoglobin test for my father staying in Hyderabad?
Yes, you can easily book a haemoglobin test for your relatives and other family members living in distant places through MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a haemoglobin test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a haemoglobin test via MFine. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a haemoglobin test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is a haemoglobin test recommended?
A doctor may request a haemoglobin test as part of a complete blood count test. In addition, if your body is displaying apparent symptoms, your doctor may suggest a haemoglobin test.
Is a prescription required to book a haemoglobin test?
No, a doctor’s prescription is usually not required to schedule a haemoglobin test. However, we still advise consulting a doctor to assess the situation before proceeding with the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the haemoglobin test definitive?
haemoglobin is not a conclusive test, and there are a number of different tests performed along with it to diagnose accurately. However, it can conclude several infections when some other tests are carried along.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the haemoglobin test?
For a more thorough check, the doctor may order a complete blood count as well as a haemoglobin test. Aside from this, your doctor may suggest other general tests based on your age.
What diseases can be detected through the haemoglobin Test?
The haemoglobin test is the most common way to identify anaemia. This is a disorder in which the body has a lower number of red blood cells than usual.
How can I download my haemoglobin test report?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the haemoglobin test in Hyderabad?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the haemoglobin test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.