Book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Chennai
Avail Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test in Chennai through MFine. You can book your Dengue Antigen (Ns1) from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours.
The Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test is used to assess the presence of dengue antigens. The testing is also indicated for patients who have a variety of symptoms. Fatigue, rashes, nausea, inflamed glands, muscular and acute muscle aches, discomfort behind the eyes, bleeding gums and nose, difficulty breathing, blood in vomiting, urine, and stools are symptoms.... View more
Request a Call Back
How to book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test in Chennai?
Lab infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai, the capital territory of the Indian state Tamil Nadu, has one of the most sophisticated healthcare infrastructures. Chennai’s recent growth is admirable, but its medical system’s steady improvement deserves more outstanding credit. Moreover, Chennai’s health department operates a network of around 150+ government and commercial hospitals and 200+ hospital-based laboratories spread across the city. Because of the city’s extensive health network, residents of Chennai can quickly access any health centre in an emergency.
All of Chennai’s healthcare centres and laboratories have cutting-edge infrastructure that encompasses today’s cutting-edge technologies and novel machines to assure treatment efficacy and precision. Because of such complete services, people from many cities flock to Chennai for essential health issues.
In recent years, illnesses in Chennai have risen at an alarming rate. Cancer, HIV, tuberculosis, COPD, cardiac arrests, diabetes, hepatitis, and a range of other ailments have now been introduced into Chennai. Maintaining one’s quality of life is critical. Thus, it’s better to treat such ailments when they’re in their early stages. If you have any symptoms or indicators, consult a doctor and request a test through MFine’s lab partner.
Why book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- The Ns1 test also referred to as the Dengue Antigen Test, is a testing method that determines whether the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test uses an ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) analysis to recognize the level of a non-structural protein termed NS1 in the serum. This test is required for people who have dengue fever or are suspected of having it.
- Dengue fever is characterised by high-grade fever, headache, shivers, muscle aches, vomiting, lethargy, and body pain. If a person shows signs of dengue infection or has already been to a high dengue incidence zone, the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is advised.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Dengue Antigen (Ns1) measure?
- The Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Testing is conducted to diagnose the infection of the dengue disease in a person who is exhibiting dengue-like symptoms. The testing is more reliable during the acute stage of dengue virus infection. That is, from the first day of fever development to the seventh day. After seven days, a separate antibody known as IgM confirms dengue.
- The Dengue Antigen screening includes the detection of NS1, a non-structural protein generated by the dengue infection in the body. The synthesized antibodies employed in the testing kit attach to the NS1 protein generated by the infection in the serum, assisting in detecting the dengue virus. As a result, a positive NS1 Dengue Antigen test demonstrates the effect of viral infection.
What preparation is needed for the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- The Dengue Antigen Test also referred to as the Ns1 Test, is a simple diagnostic procedure that requires almost no preparation. To begin, you must separate yourself from your relatives and friends. Because the illness is contagious, keep a social distance from people and take steps such as cleaning, hygiene, and wearing masks. Furthermore, throughout the evaluation, you should disclose all of your health information, including major surgeries, operations, ongoing treatments, medication and supplementation routines, and so on.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Antigens found on the patient's body indicate that he or she has a usual or unusual profile. These unique findings imply that the individual has been exposed to Ns1 antigens. A biomarker interprets the test. It mostly displays two readings.
Positive (>1.1): suggests that the individual has severe dengue virus.
Negative (<0.9): a negative NS1 antigen screening results show a variety of possibilities.
However, because the test isn't conclusive, negative tests on persons with symptoms can't be classified as either negative or normal. It could suggest that the person has had dengue fever for more than seven days, wherein case more testing is required.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Avadi, Chennai?
Simply check the MFine app to discover if medical services are accessible in your area. Following that, you can use MFine to collect samples at home for various tests. Your test results will also be available to you within 48 hours.
What is the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test cost in Chennai?
The cost of testing varies according to the facilities and infrastructure used. On the other hand, Dengue Antigen testing charges between Rs. 400 and Rs. 1300 in Chennai.
I am staying in Bhopal. Can I book a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test for my Father staying in Chennai?
Yes, you can immediately get a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test for family members and elderly family members via MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for Dengue Antigen (Ns1)?
You may quickly reschedule a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test appointment using the MFine app or website. The app includes an option to rearrange the sample collection date/time.
Is the lab technician coming for Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test recommended?
The Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is advised to determine the existence of the dengue in a patient and to demonstrate dengue symptoms. Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Assessment is the most precise during the acute phase of illness. If you have any of the following symptoms, you should have the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) exam.
- Stomach discomfort
- Swollen gland
- Vomiting or nausea
- Bleeding gums or nose
Is a prescription required to book a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
The purpose of this test is to identify viral dengue antigens. Although a prescription is unnecessary, visiting a doctor and obtaining one is strongly advised.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test a definitive test?
No. The Dengue Antigen Testing is not completely accurate. The test can only help diagnose dengue fever whenever the symptoms are mild when it first appears. Furthermore, if a bacteria invade for more than seven days, multiple additional tests must be performed to acquire reliable results.
What are other tests usually recommended along with Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
What diseases can be detected through the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
The Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test detects the existence of the dengue virus infection.
How can I download my Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test report?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test in Chennai?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.