Book Allergic Rhinitis Test in Noida
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an Allergic Rhinitis Test in Noida?
What is the Allergic Rhinitis Test used for?
The Allergic Rhinitis Test is used to detect the presence of any allergic reactions due to pollen. The doctor will ask about your symptoms and will go through your condition. They may ask to have a skin prick test. It is used to detect any hypersensitivity of the body, more specifically, the immune system towards the allergen.
What is included in the Allergic Rhinitis test?
The Allergic Rhinitis test includes several tests or as per your doctor’s recommendation. The most common tests are given below-
- Skin Prick Test- In a skin prick test, a small amount of allergen is introduced in the arm of the patient. This is done by slight pricking of the skin of the arm by the needle. If the person is allergic to the given material, then a tiny itchy spot will appear there. It is one of the most common tests for allergic reactions.
- Blood Test- The blood sample is taken to check the immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibody. The IgE antibody is released by the immune system in response to an allergen. Thus, the amount of IgE is estimated through blood samples.
- Patch Test- Sometimes, a patch test is also used to detect any allergic reaction against certain substances. These tests do not include any needles or injections. In the patch test, you may have to wear patches of different substances for a longer period. The patches are worn around the arm for about 48 hours. Patch test includes testing of latex, medications, fragrances, metals, preservatives, hair dyes, and resins.
In case of any doubts regarding sinus problems, the following tests are performed-
- Nasal Endoscopy- Endoscopy consists of a long tube with a camera and light along with it. The tube is inserted inside the nose to check the internal area. The camera in the tube helps the complete visibility of the entire area.
- Nasal Inspiratory Flow Test- In the Nasal Inspiratory test a small instrument is placed near your nose and mouth area. This device measures the amount of airflow when you inhale the air.
- CT Scan- A CT scan or computerised tomography scan makes all the interior organs of the body visible. It is much better than an X-ray.
Procedure for Allergic Rhinitis test
Blood Test- The steps for the blood test for immunoglobulin are as follows-
- The skin is cleaned with an antiseptic and a sample of blood is taken from the patient’s vein.
- An elastic band is also placed over the arm before taking a blood sample. This band enhances blood flow through that vein.
- The blood is collected from the vein in a syringe or a vial.
- After taking blood the needle is removed and the area is covered with cotton.
- The blood sample is sent to the lab for a demonstration of IgE.
- When the analysis is completed the result will be available after 24-48 hours on the MFine app.
Skin Prick test- The test for Allergic Rhinitis is the skin prick test. In this test, a part of the skin of an arm is pricked by a needle. Now, the allergen is introduced here. In case of an allergy, the immune system reciprocates and forms an itchy spot there with or with out swelling. The tests are not painful. It may only cause minimal itching.
The skin prick test is also done by additional pricking substances such as-
- Histamine- In case your body does not have any allergic activity, then it will not react to the introduction of histamines. However, this is not a confirmed test for allergens. Sometimes, despite having an allergy the body does not respond to the histamine.
- Glycine or Saline- The skin may respond to glycine which indicates either you have an allergy or sensitive skin. The skin does not always react to the introduction of glycine. Therefore, it does not tend to confirm the allergic activity.
There are several allergy testing kits available in the market. However, these kits are not recommended by doctors or professionals. The test should be done under the proper guidance of an experienced person.
How to prepare for the Allergic Rhinitis test?
Before the skin pricking test, the doctor will ask about your family history of allergies. They must know if the allergy is hereditary or not. Moreover, they will ask about the symptoms of the disease to get a complete idea about it.
Medications will Cause Obstacles- In the case of your regular medications for allergies; the effect of the skin prick test will get suppressed. The allergen might not show skin prick tests due to medicines. The doctors may advise you to stop taking the medicines 10 days before it. The medicines which will cause hindrance are-
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Over- the counter antihistamines
- Heartburn medications
Things to consider after the Allergic Rhinitis test is complete
Do not self-diagnose. The results of the test can be collected from the MFine app online. Consult the doctor with the reports.
What types of infection can an Allergic Rhinitis test detect?
The allergy test can be used to determine the diseases concerning-
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)- The allergy due to pollen in the air is hay fever. The basic symptoms are congestion, redness, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, puffy eyes, redness, or watery eyes.
- Food allergies- A hypersensitivity of the immune system when a certain food is ingested. Common food allergies are milk, eggs, tree nuts (such as walnuts and cashews), Peanuts, Soy, Wheat, fish, shellfish (such as shrimp).
- Allergic asthma- This occurs when the air pathways are extremely sensitive. Entry of any foreign particle inside the tract leads to allergies and symptoms like asthma. The symptoms are congestion, runny nose, post-nasal drip, or sneezing, wheezing, narrowing of airways in lungs, itchiness, redness, or watery eyes, and throat irritation.
- Penicillin allergy- The abnormal behaviour of the immune system against the very common drug penicillin is penicillin allergy. Common symptoms of penicillin allergy are hives, rash, and itching.
- Bee venom allergy- Bee venom allergy or anaphylaxis is a life-threatening condition. Some people develop this disease after getting a bee sting. This condition requires emergency treatment. The symptoms include skin reactions such as hives and itching, swelling of the throat and tongue, Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Dermatitis (eczema)- In dermatitis, the skin becomes red, swollen, and sore. It causes small blisters accompanying skin irritation. The main symptom includes flakiness, rashes, dryness, fissures, redness, bumps, or peeling.
Allergic rhinitis test detects allergy to pollen.
How much does the Allergic Rhinitis test cost?
The Allergic Rhinitis test cost varies from different states all over India. Moreover, they do differ according to the pathology lab chosen for the test. The average cost of the test is anywhere between Rs.2000 to Rs.4000.
How long does it take to get the results for the Allergy test?
You can expect to get the results for the allergic rhinitis test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal results of the Allergy rhinitis testindicate?
If the IgE in your blood level comes higher than the normal number, then the person is more likely to have an allergy. The IgE is the immunoglobulin secreted against any allergen. The allergen enters the body and immune system on recognising it as a foreign particle, attacks it. This is made through IgE.
Is a Rhinitis test definitive test?
Rhinitis includes tests for allergy due to pollen grains. It is often called hay fever. However, this is not definitive. Therefore, always consult your doctor before and after the test.
How to read the Rhinitis test report?
Its better to consult with a doctor and interpret the results.
Why book Allergic Rhinitis test?
The reasons to book Allergic Rhinitis test are-
- To detect any allergic reactions in the body.
- More specifically, determination of any allergy due to pollen in the air.
- To detect the functioning and hypersensitivity of the immune system of the human body.
Allergy Test at home – how does it work?
The Rhinitis test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick. If one is advised a skin prick or patch test, one may have to visit a lab.
Are there any risks involved with the Rhinitis test?
There are usually no risks involved with the Rhinitis test. The test is a simple blood test to detect the amount of IgE. You may experience little itching after having a skin prick test for hay fever and in rare cases, severe reactions occur. Sometimes, people get drowsy after a blood test, which is just for a few minutes.
What can affect the results of the Allergic Rhinitis test?
The effects of the test can be altered due to medications and alcohol intake. Therefore, it is recommended to not take any medicines before 5 to 10 days of the test, based on doctor’s advise. Drugs like Antihistamines, Tricyclic Antidepressants, Xolair (The Asthma Medication Omalizumab) should not have before the test.
Why book an Allergic Rhinitis Test?
- This test can help diagnose allergic Rhinitis and hay fever. The two categories of allergic Rhinitis are seasonal and persistent allergic Rhinitis.
- Fever Pain in the ears or sinuses, headache
- Mucus from the nose
- A blemish on your nose or pain inside it.
- Trouble sleeping as a result of your symptoms.
- If you have any of the symptoms listed above, you should take this test. In addition, express any concerns or questions about your condition or therapy.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Allergic rhinitis test measure?
- It assesses the number of antibodies produced in the body in response to pollen grains.
- The body's antibody IgE levels are exceedingly low. An average IgE level is between 4.2 and 595 U/mL, or 0.05 percent. Elevated IgE levels can indicate an allergic reaction.
- A RAST test is another name for a blood test (radioallergosorbent test). The RAST examines your blood for immunoglobulin E antibodies to specific antigens.
- A skin prick test will include your doctor putting different agents on your skin. If you're allergic to something, you'll find a tiny red lump on your skin.
What Preparation is needed for Allergic Rhinitis?
- There is no need for any special preparation. Always ensure that the doctor is aware of the health history. Any prescription and over-the-counter medications you're taking should be discussed with your doctor so that if you need to stop taking them for a few days before the test, your doctor will let you know.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Shaheed Samarak Road, Noida?
The MFine app in Noida enables sample collection at home. Fill out the app’s simple registration process, which asks for personal data like your location, time, and date.
What is the cost of Allergic Rhinitis in Noida city?
The price of tests for allergic Rhinitis fluctuates based on the clinical diagnosis chosen. Allergy rhinitis tests in Noida go from INR 1,500 to INR 10,000. These fees may differ depending on the features of the testing facility. For urgent reports, additional fees will be requested.
I stay in Gujarat. Can I book Allergic Rhinitis for my father staying in Noida?
Tests for allergic Rhinitis can be scheduled at a handful of locations. Your parent’s blood sample collection appointment must include the location, day, time, and date.
How can I reschedule my appointment for sample collection?
You may efficiently and rapidly postpone your allergic rhinitis test with the MFine app. You must resubmit the correct date, time, and location on the MFine page.
Is the lab technician coming for the Allergic rhinitis sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is Allergic Rhinitis recommended?
- Some of the most frequent symptoms of allergic Rhinitis include:
- Sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat, itchy skin, irritated, watery eyes, exhaustion.
- When you contact an allergen, one or more of these symptoms will usually appear back quickly. To minimize further issues, see a doctor as soon as possible.
Is a prescription required to book Allergic Rhinitis?
No, there is no need for a prescription for allergic Rhinitis. An allergic rhinitis test can be completed at any time and from anywhere.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is Allergic Rhinitis a definitive test?
The skin prick test or patch test can identify allergic Rhinitis, but it is not conclusive. A particular set of allergy tests may help diagnose the problem. A blood test called S.IgE can also help identify allergic Rhinitis.
What other tests are usually recommended along with Allergic Rhinitis?
Here are some of the additional tests that may be used to evaluate Allergic Rhinitis:
- A skin prick test – If you’re allergic to something, you’ll feel a distinct red lump on your skin.
- The PRIST (radioimmunosorbent test) – To detect radioactive complexes using a y-radiation counter.
What diseases can be detected through Allergic Rhinitis?
Sinusitis and a few ENT organs are the most commonly affected by allergic Rhinitis. Rhinosinusitis, adenoiditis, pharyngeal tonsillitis, nasal polyposis, nose septum spines, granulosis, strep throat, and asthma are examples of these conditions. Rarely can this illness develop into cancer.
How can I download my Allergic rhinitis report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the Allergic rhinitis tests in Noida?
Usually, you can avail up to a 50% discount on Allergic rhinitis through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.