Book Allergic Rhinitis Test in Chennai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an Allergic Rhinitis Test in Chennai?
What is the Allergic Rhinitis Test used for?
The Allergic Rhinitis Test is used to detect the presence of any allergic reactions due to pollen. The doctor will ask about your symptoms and will go through your condition. They may ask to have a skin prick test. It is used to detect any hypersensitivity of the body, more specifically, the immune system towards the allergen.
What is included in the Allergic Rhinitis test?
The Allergic Rhinitis test includes several tests or as per your doctor’s recommendation. The most common tests are given below-
- Skin Prick Test- In a skin prick test, a small amount of allergen is introduced in the arm of the patient. This is done by slight pricking of the skin of the arm by the needle. If the person is allergic to the given material, then a tiny itchy spot will appear there. It is one of the most common tests for allergic reactions.
- Blood Test- The blood sample is taken to check the immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibody. The IgE antibody is released by the immune system in response to an allergen. Thus, the amount of IgE is estimated through blood samples.
- Patch Test- Sometimes, a patch test is also used to detect any allergic reaction against certain substances. These tests do not include any needles or injections. In the patch test, you may have to wear patches of different substances for a longer period. The patches are worn around the arm for about 48 hours. Patch test includes testing of latex, medications, fragrances, metals, preservatives, hair dyes, and resins.
In case of any doubts regarding sinus problems, the following tests are performed-
- Nasal Endoscopy- Endoscopy consists of a long tube with a camera and light along with it. The tube is inserted inside the nose to check the internal area. The camera in the tube helps the complete visibility of the entire area.
- Nasal Inspiratory Flow Test- In the Nasal Inspiratory test a small instrument is placed near your nose and mouth area. This device measures the amount of airflow when you inhale the air.
- CT Scan- A CT scan or computerised tomography scan makes all the interior organs of the body visible. It is much better than an X-ray.
Procedure for Allergic Rhinitis test
Blood Test- The steps for the blood test for immunoglobulin are as follows-
- The skin is cleaned with an antiseptic and a sample of blood is taken from the patient’s vein.
- An elastic band is also placed over the arm before taking a blood sample. This band enhances blood flow through that vein.
- The blood is collected from the vein in a syringe or a vial.
- After taking blood the needle is removed and the area is covered with cotton.
- The blood sample is sent to the lab for a demonstration of IgE.
- When the analysis is completed the result will be available after 24-48 hours on the MFine app.
Skin Prick test- The test for Allergic Rhinitis is the skin prick test. In this test, a part of the skin of an arm is pricked by a needle. Now, the allergen is introduced here. In case of an allergy, the immune system reciprocates and forms an itchy spot there with or with out swelling. The tests are not painful. It may only cause minimal itching.
The skin prick test is also done by additional pricking substances such as-
- Histamine- In case your body does not have any allergic activity, then it will not react to the introduction of histamines. However, this is not a confirmed test for allergens. Sometimes, despite having an allergy the body does not respond to the histamine.
- Glycine or Saline- The skin may respond to glycine which indicates either you have an allergy or sensitive skin. The skin does not always react to the introduction of glycine. Therefore, it does not tend to confirm the allergic activity.
There are several allergy testing kits available in the market. However, these kits are not recommended by doctors or professionals. The test should be done under the proper guidance of an experienced person.
How to prepare for the Allergic Rhinitis test?
Before the skin pricking test, the doctor will ask about your family history of allergies. They must know if the allergy is hereditary or not. Moreover, they will ask about the symptoms of the disease to get a complete idea about it.
Medications will Cause Obstacles- In the case of your regular medications for allergies; the effect of the skin prick test will get suppressed. The allergen might not show skin prick tests due to medicines. The doctors may advise you to stop taking the medicines 10 days before it. The medicines which will cause hindrance are-
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Over- the counter antihistamines
- Heartburn medications
Things to consider after the Allergic Rhinitis test is complete
Do not self-diagnose. The results of the test can be collected from the MFine app online. Consult the doctor with the reports.
What types of infection can an Allergic Rhinitis test detect?
The allergy test can be used to determine the diseases concerning-
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)- The allergy due to pollen in the air is hay fever. The basic symptoms are congestion, redness, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, puffy eyes, redness, or watery eyes.
- Food allergies- A hypersensitivity of the immune system when a certain food is ingested. Common food allergies are milk, eggs, tree nuts (such as walnuts and cashews), Peanuts, Soy, Wheat, fish, shellfish (such as shrimp).
- Allergic asthma- This occurs when the air pathways are extremely sensitive. Entry of any foreign particle inside the tract leads to allergies and symptoms like asthma. The symptoms are congestion, runny nose, post-nasal drip, or sneezing, wheezing, narrowing of airways in lungs, itchiness, redness, or watery eyes, and throat irritation.
- Penicillin allergy- The abnormal behaviour of the immune system against the very common drug penicillin is penicillin allergy. Common symptoms of penicillin allergy are hives, rash, and itching.
- Bee venom allergy- Bee venom allergy or anaphylaxis is a life-threatening condition. Some people develop this disease after getting a bee sting. This condition requires emergency treatment. The symptoms include skin reactions such as hives and itching, swelling of the throat and tongue, Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Dermatitis (eczema)- In dermatitis, the skin becomes red, swollen, and sore. It causes small blisters accompanying skin irritation. The main symptom includes flakiness, rashes, dryness, fissures, redness, bumps, or peeling.
Allergic rhinitis test detects allergy to pollen.
How much does the Allergic Rhinitis test cost?
The Allergic Rhinitis test cost varies from different states all over India. Moreover, they do differ according to the pathology lab chosen for the test. The average cost of the test is anywhere between Rs.2000 to Rs.4000.
How long does it take to get the results for the Allergy test?
You can expect to get the results for the allergic rhinitis test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal results of the Allergy rhinitis testindicate?
If the IgE in your blood level comes higher than the normal number, then the person is more likely to have an allergy. The IgE is the immunoglobulin secreted against any allergen. The allergen enters the body and immune system on recognising it as a foreign particle, attacks it. This is made through IgE.
Is a Rhinitis test definitive test?
Rhinitis includes tests for allergy due to pollen grains. It is often called hay fever. However, this is not definitive. Therefore, always consult your doctor before and after the test.
How to read the Rhinitis test report?
Its better to consult with a doctor and interpret the results.
Why book Allergic Rhinitis test?
The reasons to book Allergic Rhinitis test are-
- To detect any allergic reactions in the body.
- More specifically, determination of any allergy due to pollen in the air.
- To detect the functioning and hypersensitivity of the immune system of the human body.
Allergy Test at home – how does it work?
The Rhinitis test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick. If one is advised a skin prick or patch test, one may have to visit a lab.
Are there any risks involved with the Rhinitis test?
There are usually no risks involved with the Rhinitis test. The test is a simple blood test to detect the amount of IgE. You may experience little itching after having a skin prick test for hay fever and in rare cases, severe reactions occur. Sometimes, people get drowsy after a blood test, which is just for a few minutes.
What can affect the results of the Allergic Rhinitis test?
The effects of the test can be altered due to medications and alcohol intake. Therefore, it is recommended to not take any medicines before 5 to 10 days of the test, based on doctor’s advise. Drugs like Antihistamines, Tricyclic Antidepressants, Xolair (The Asthma Medication Omalizumab) should not have before the test.
Why book an Allergic Rhinitis Test?
- This test becomes necessary when the patient feels frequent allergic symptoms. These symptoms vary in each person, and the results of the treatment may also vary accordingly.
- The allergic rhinitis test states the allergic properties of outsourcing agents with the body. These allergic agents may be pollen grains, pet dander, and sometimes dust mites.
- Due to this, the patient might feel certain respiratory disorders with asthma-like symptoms. Booking this test will state the body's reaction with allergic elements and thus can get a proper line of treatment.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the allergic rhinitis test measure?
- The allergic rhinitis test can get the accurate level of antibodies present in the patient body. These antibodies face the allergic agents and prevent the body from severe allergies.
- The decrease in the level of antibodies may cause several types of difficulties.
- This is because the body loses the capability to react with an allergic agent like pollen grain and dust mites. Pollen is the most common allergic agent which adversely affects the human body. The test result will decide the treatment, medication, and prevention to raise the levels of antibodies in the body.
- The person going through the low levels of antibodies may feel excessive fatigue with frequent colds, cough with acute headache.
What preparation is needed for an allergic rhinitis test?
- There is no need for any special preparation required for the allergic rhinitis test. Only the medical history and genetic reaction are mandatory to share with the specialist. Otherwise, no special preparation is necessary to book the test on MFine.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Chennai?
Yes, on MFine it’s possible to get the facility of the doorstep sample collection. You just have to book the test on the app and fill out the required details. The details include the location, test, and the time slots with the date. So this is an easy and quick procedure to avail of a doorstep sample collection.
What is the cost of allergic rhinitis in Chennai?
The allergic rhinitis test in Chennai cost lies between INR 700 to 2000. This cost may vary for different laboratories and institutions. The testing charges are also different for the special allergic tests.
I stay in New Delhi. Can I book an allergic rhinitis test for my grandmother staying in Chennai?
Yes, it’s easy with MFine to book testing for a distant location. The booking is an easy process – just select the preferred location with the suitable date and timings for the sample collection. The facility to deliver the test reports within 24 to 48 hours is also available with MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for an allergic rhinitis test?
The rescheduling of the appointment is a simple procedure on the MFine app. The booking page on the application has the rescheduling option where the person can provide the latest time slot, date, and location of the appointment and sample collection if needed.
Is the lab technician coming for allergic rhinitis test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is an allergic rhinitis test recommended?
The allergic rhinitis test is recommended to get the prior cause of the frequent coughing and cold. In addition, various skin reactions and excess fatigue demand the allergic rhinitis test to get information about the presence of any allergic agents in the body. These agents may harm the body with serious asthmatic conditions with acute migraine.
Is a prescription required to book an allergic rhinitis test?
The prescription is not required to book an allergic rhinitis test on MFine. The booking is easy and available with no medical details and prescription requirements.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the allergic rhinitis test definitive?
No, the allergic rhinitis test is not a definitive type of test.
What other tests are usually recommended along with allergic rhinitis tests?
The other recommended test with the allergic rhinitis test is the special test with some special agents. Some allergies like special food items and special agents to get the antibodies level in the body.
What diseases can be detected through the allergic rhinitis test?
Diseases like asthma and migraine are the major diseases that are detectable by this test. Severe infections in-ear and eyes are other diseases that come over the result of allergic rhinitis tests. The skin reaction like eczema and psoriasis are the skin diseases that the allergic rhinitis test finds out. Finally, the symptoms of scratchy throats, runny nose, and deficiency in lungs define the disorder in the body’s respiratory system.
How can I download my allergic rhinitis test report?
- Log in to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on allergic rhinitis tests in Chennai?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on allergic rhinitis tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.