Book ECHO Test in Mumbai
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Mumbai
- Mumbai’s health departments work tirelessly to make medical services available to people throughout the city. Mumbai has the most reputed hospitals (both private and public) in India. They work 24×7.
- Every hospital has angiography, ECGs, and MRI scans available. These examinations use cutting-edge technology to offer a comfortable diagnostic and treatment experience for the patient.
- Thanks to these contemporary testing instruments, the test findings are reliable and speedy. In addition, wards and operating rooms at community health centres, as well as new equipment, help to reinforce the infrastructure. Two types of facilities include intensive care units (ICUs) and multispecialty wards.
- Its mission is to provide excellent care and service to patients. These scans use the most advanced technologies to ensure that the patient has a positive test experience. Owing to these modern testing devices, test results are more trustworthy.
- Mumbai’s life is very hectic, and people work several hours a day. Angiography, ECGs, and MRI scans are all available in any hospital. Due to persistent stress, cardiovascular diseases are relatively frequent in Mumbai.
Why book an ECHO test?
Doctors may advise this test in the following conditions:
- To detect abnormality of heart associated with valves and pumping.
- To detect heart muscle damage and the problem with the blood flow.
- To detect any blood clots in the heart.
- To determine problems with the aorta.
- To detect heart defects.
- To determine pacemaker related issues.
- To detect functioning of the heart, especially after a heart attack.
- To estimate the left ventricular ejection fraction while evaluating the efficacy of various cardiac therapies in situations such as heart failure.
- If you have cardiac arrhythmia; an irregular heartbeat, an ECHO can study your heart activity and assist in establishing the particular reason and best treatment.
- Congenital heart diseases can also be diagnosed with an ECHO.
What all tests are included in the ECHO test?
Your ECHO test, which includes tests like CT scan, MRI scan, angiography, ultrasound and X-rays, will be conducted by a cardiologist, who will examine your heart images and modify the transducer to visualise additional views. All these tests provide a clear and close image of the heart functioning. These tests detect any obstructions like clots, stones, muscle rupture, valve imbalance, etc. are detectable through these tests. Specialists advise these tests to clarify and decide the proper treatment methods. Here are the test procedures of these tests:
- While lying down on an examination table, a technician will put gel on your chest, followed by a transducer (a little instrument fashioned like a microphone). The transducer directs sound waves toward your heart.
- The waves bounce off the heart’s structures before returning to the transducer to be collected.
- A computer analyses them and displays a graphic representation of your heart thumping on a screen.
- The technician spins the transducer around to examine your heart from different angles.
- You may be asked to roll on your side or hold your breath for a few seconds during the exam.
What preparation is required for an ECHO Test?
- Ensure that you haven’t eaten or drunk anything for at least 10 hours before taking the test. After that, it is acceptable to drink water.
- In rare situations, the doctor may advise you to get more information before the test and cease using certain medications.
- It would help if you counted on the testing lasting about an hour in total.
What is the average cost of an ECHO test in Mumbai?
The cost of the ECHO test depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Mumbai is usually between Rs. 1800 to Rs. 3000. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost at the time of booking the appointment.
How to get an ECHO test in Mumbai
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for a ECHO Test?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting ECHO Test done
Are there any discounts running on MFine for the ECHO Test?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for ECHO Test. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
What would my sensations be like during the test?
There should be no considerable discomfort during the examination. A cold feeling on the skin, and a slight pressure on the chest, may be caused by a gel transducer. You should feel no pain during the procedure.
What is the Purpose of the ECHO test?
The specialist says no special precautions are mandatory before the ECHO test. The patient can comfortably take their routine meals before the test. However, specific medication routines should be informed to the specialist before the test. For the trans echocardiogram, the patient is instructed to avoid food and water before a few hours of the test.
Are there any risks or negative consequences of the ECHO Test?
Echocardiography is a non-invasive, rapid, and quick procedure. The scan has no side effects, though the lubricating gel may feel chilly, and you may experience some little discomfort when the sensors are removed from your skin at the end of the test.
What must be included in the report?
- The speed at which your heartbeats
- Your pulse rate
- Your heart’s size will be assessed
- An evaluation of your heart’s thickness
- A summary of your ventricle’s function, including any anomalies
- Examination of your heart valves’ structure and movement
- Presence of blood clots, if any
- Any anatomical or congenital problems and any unusual discoveries
What are the different kinds of Echocardiograms?
Your heart’s health influences the type of Echocardiogram you’ll have. Several types of Echocardiograms that can be done are:
- An echocardiogram via the oesophagus (TOE).
- A stress echocardiography
- An echocardiogram with contrast
This list is not exhaustive. Your doctor may also recommend other special types of ECHO.
I am staying in Chennai; Can I book an ECHO test for my uncle in Mumbai?
Of course, the ECHO test exam can be scheduled in multiple locations. The location, day, time, and date of the appointment must all be included.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the ECHO Test?
Yes, you can reschedule your ECHO testing appointment. However, you must resubmit the required information, including the correct date, time, and location on the MFine site.
How long does it take for the ECHO test to provide results?
Within 48 hours of testing, you should receive the results. However, depending on the location, medical advice, and selected lab partner, it may take longer in some cases.
What is the procedure for receiving my test results?
After a cardiologist has reviewed your test results, they will be entered into your electronic medical record. Your physician will have access to the results, which they will share with you. You can also download them from the MFine app or website.