Book CT Scan PNS in Chennai
Avail CT scan PNS in Chennai through MFine. You can choose your preferred lab partner from our wide range of trusted partners for the CT scan PNS and book an appointment online.
When an individual has one or more of the following symptoms, the treating doctor will usually order a CT scan PNS test:
- On the face, there is pain, discomfort, and swelling.
- Nose blockage or stuffiness.
- Nasal discharge.
- The back of the neck is drained.
- Inflammation of the nose.
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai, one of the most developed towns in South India and the capital of Tamil Nadu, is a metropolis that has successfully retained its place among the top-tier cities due to its rapid expansion in many areas. As Chennai grew, it devoted special attention to its health infrastructure, which resulted in a well-functioning system.
In Chennai, there are around 200 private and government hospitals. Today, the Chennai government’s health department operates more than 150 diagnostic clinics and hospital-based laboratories, where doctors perform all general tests and treatments using accurate technology.
The rain is considerable in Chennai due to its proximity to various water lands and sea coastlines, causing illnesses to spread quickly. As a result, sinusitis, goitre, anaemia, fever, and malaria are common among the elderly.
On the other hand, managing diseases is not an option; it is best to treat infections as soon as feasible. For this reason, MFine is here for you, and you may schedule a paranasal sinus X-ray in Chennai at any moment.
Why book a CT Scan PNS?
CT Scan PNS stands for Computerised Tomography scan of the Paranasal Sinuses in medical terms. The CT Scan PNS is a sophisticated diagnostic technique. This approach involves creating cross-sectional pictures of the PNS using rotating X-ray beams. This method is used to determine whether or not the sinuses are obstructed.
Your treating doctor may recommend a CT scan PNS for a variety of reasons, including detecting:
- Any amount of fluid in the sinus cavities.
- Infections of the sinuses or inflammation of the sinuses.
- Tumours, if any, are present.
- Sinus-related congenital disabilities.
- Any indications of a deviated nasal septum.
- Injuries or polyps in the sinus cavity.
- Infection of the sinuses.
- Recurrent bloody noses.
If you are going through symptoms that indicate abnormalities, book the CT scan PNS through MFine at reasonable prices.
What are all tests included in the CT scan PNS? What preparation is required for the CT scan PNS?
- An NCCT PNS or CT scan PNS: Performed in routine cases to detect simple anomalies. It has a modest resolution and utilizes little radiation. As a result, even the tiniest alteration in the vessels was seen.
- CECT PNS: A contrast dye is given to the patient before the CT scan, albeit this is not usual. The contrast of the photos is improved. This aids incomplete diagnosis.
- HRCT PNS: CT scan with high-resolution PNS captures images in higher resolution using high radiation and software.
What is the average cost of the CT Scan PNS in Chennai?
While going for the CT scan, several things that need to be taken care of are :
- Choose your attire, keeping comfort in mind, or you might need to slip into hospital gowns to ease out the process.
- Metal artefacts, such as jewelery, eyeglasses, dentures, and hairpins can cause MRI pictures to be distorted. Therefore, leave them at home.
- It is advised to inform the doctor about any underlying problems and your family’s health.
- Any supplements you have been consuming currently or in the past must be informed to the treating doctor
- Also, if you have any allergies, do not forget to mention those.
- If you’re pregnant or trying for the same, or claustrophobic, menstruating, or breastfeeding, do inform the doctor.
- Besides this, if there is any other information, you will be updated about the same.
How to book a CT Scan PNS in Chennai?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any discounts running on MFine for ct scan pns?
You can avail up to 50% discount on MFine for ct scan pns. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment. However, it is subject to the availability of slots.
What is a CT scan?
CT scans employ X-rays to create cross-sectional images of your interior organs and structures, like slices through your body. The test entails lying down on a table coupled to a big doughnut-shaped scanner. X-rays are sent through the body area being investigated by the CT scanner.
I am staying in Delhi. Can I book a CT Scan PNS for my grandfather staying in Chennai?
You can easily book a CT Scan PNS for your relatives and old family members living in places where MFine services are readily available.
How long does a CT PNS scan take?
The CT PNS scan nearly takes anywhere from a few minutes to a half-hour.
What are the benefits of a PNS CT scan?
The most common benefits of a PNS CT scan include its painless, safe, and accurate. It also helps doctors to plan a successful surgery.
What are other tests recommended with the CT Scan PNS?
The most distinct advantages of a PNS CT scan are painless, safe, and precise. It also aids doctors in the planning of a successful operation.
The following tests are frequently indicated in conjunction with the CT Scan PNS:
- Cytology of the nose.
- Test for iliac function.
- Test for chloride in sweat.
- Culture of the nose.
How can I download my CT Scan reports?
You can follow the following steps to download the test reports:
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Who cannot have a PNS CT scan?
Pregnant women should avoid getting a PNS CT scan because the radiation it emits is harmful to the baby inside the womb.
Are CT scans of PNS painful?
PNS CT scans are not uncomfortable, but they are quick, painless, non-invasive, and accurate, and they are frequently used to pinpoint the root of the problem.
What are the side effects of a CT scan?
A CT scan does not have any significant adverse effects. The majority of the reactions are minor, such as rashes, itching, etc. However, your health care practitioner may keep you under observation for a brief time after your CT scan for safety reasons.
Is fasting required before going for the CT scan of the head?
Yes, it is recommended that you fast for at least 6-8 hours before having your CT scan PNS.