Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Polyarthritis For Evaluation
Polyarthritis: Its symptoms and causes
It is a chronic inflammatory disorder that affects the joints of hands and feet
By 2040, more than 78 million people are expected to suffer from this condition (1)
- Men are affected more than females till the age of 55. But females are affected more than males beyond the age of 55.
- It is a chronic condition as it can last more than 6 weeks.
- This is a disorder and does not spread when you come in contact with a person suffering from this problem
- Can be cured with natural remedies. In severe cases, medical attention is required.
Polyarthritis is one of the several types of arthritis. It is a disease-causing swelling or inflammation affecting five or more than five joints concurrently. Polyarthritis is also termed as polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
This is commonly found in women as compared with men. There is no fix duration of polyarthritis. It depends on the treatment.
Ages affected - between 20 and 30 - rare; between 30 and 40 - often; 40 and above - most often.
A medical expert is required to confirm if you are suffering from this condition.
- Pain in joints of neck, jaw, hands, and feet.
- Disability to move the affected area freely.
Treatment: Both home remedies and proper medication prescribed by a doctor can help in curing this.
- A warm shower helps in relaxing the joints.
- Exercising (including stretching).
- X-rays, ultrasound, and other checkups of the joints including a blood test.
- Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed.
- The doctor looks for symptoms such as rashes and swelling in joints.
If the condition does not improve over a period of time, then immediate attention is required. To get online consultation in a blink of an eye, visit mfine today.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App