Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Cervical Pain: Causes and Treatment
Cervical pain refers to the pain in neck and shoulder, often varying in severity. The pain may sometimes radiate to arms and legs. Getting to understand the causes can help a lot in treating the pain.
Though it is common to people over the age of 50 to get cervical pain, millions of people are affected worldwide between the ages 25-50 years.
- Neck and shoulder muscles can get strained due to triggers like bad posture
- Cervical pain affects majority of adults due to many avoidable and some unavoidable reasons.
- Clear symptoms of Cervical pain can be easily diagnosed in people over the age of 40
Condition may worsen due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, nerve compression, or cervical pain may result from injuries like accidents.
Although, cervical pain can itself be a symptom of other serious problems, some basic symptoms include:
- Pain in neck
- Swollen neck joints
- Mobility issues
- Loss of feeling and coordination
Diagnostic tests for cervical pain include Imaging tests like an X-ray, MRI scan, CT scan, even blood tests.
Immediate medical attention is required if symptoms worsen over time.
Self Care: At home, several remedies can be incorporated to prevent and reduce cervical pain. Some include:
- Practicing good posture habits while walking and sitting
- Avoid lifting heavy objects
- Using extra pillows for elevation
- Lifestyle changes
Treatment for cervical pain depends on the intensity of the pain and underlying reasons. Other Treatment option includes:
- Muscle Relaxants
- Physical therapy
- Surgery (for nerve problems and severe cases)
Specialists: mfine believes in catering to its patientsâ€™ needs for high quality treatment and providing the necessary medication they require at every stage. Call us to know more about the details on various treatment programs.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App