Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Cervical Disc Disorders
Cervical Disc Disorders: Handling Pain Due To Degeneration of Cervical Disc
Cervical disc disorders are conditions such as cervical disc degeneration, rupturing of the spinal cord, slipped disc etc.
Statistics reveal that around 30% of the total population experience some form of
disc disorder by the time they reach the age of 40.
The various forms of cervical disc disorders include Degenerative Disc Disease, Internal Disc Disruption and Herniated Nucleus Pulposus. These disorders -
- affect those who are 40 years and above
- do not heal on their own as they are degenerative in nature.
- can also be seen in people who play active sports.
- can be diagnosed only through MRI.
Degeneration of the cervical disc occurs when one or more vertebral discs in the spinal cord gets damaged because of trauma or aging. This degeneration results in pain and numbness, generally in the neck and limbs.
These are common symptoms of cervical disc disorder:
- Chronic pain
- Numbness in the neck, back and limbs
- Loss of reflexes
- Tingling sensation in the limbs
- Loss of mobility
Diagnosis for cervical disc disorders involves examining the medical history of the patient and taking up a neurological exam. Imaging tests recommended by doctors are CT-scan, MRI and X-ray.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Keep neck and back well supported.
- Avoid smoking.
- Over-the-counter medication
- Physical therapy
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Muscle relaxers
- Surgery (Discectomy) in some cases
At mfine, we manage your health by giving you the best treatment possible. Come and experience the change today.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App