Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Cervical Cancer: Everything To Know Abou
A type of cancer that happens in cells of the cervix.
According to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition, HPV causes 99 percent of cervical cancers. 
- Requires medical diagnosis.
- Requires screening and other lab tests for diagnosis.
- Happens only in women.
Cervical cancer happens when cells of cervix grow abnormally and invade other tissues and organs of the body. A specific type of virus known as human papillomavirus (HPV) is responsible for cervical cancer. Early sexual contact, multiple sexual partners and taking oral contraceptive pills are associated with an increase in the risk of cervical cancer.
Age Affected: Mostly common in women after the age of 20.
- Pain in the pelvis during sexual intercourse.
- Bleeding in between periods and after intercourse.
- Abnormal, heavy and irregular menstruation.
- Foul smelling white discharge.
- Low back pain or lower abdominal pain may also occur
- Fatigue, nausea and weight loss.
Treatment generally depends on the stage of cancer and other health-related factors.
Self-Care: You would be recommended to maintain a healthy lifestyle and have proper rest after when suffering from this disease.
Surgery: Your doctor may conduct hysterectomy, lymph nodes dissection and other kinds of surgeries to get rid you of cancer.
Medications: Your doctor may prescribe you to undergo chemotherapy to kill cells that are growing quickly.
Specialists: At mfine, you can connect with a gynecologist or other consultant for a holistic treatment for this health issue.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App