Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Understand the Basics of Neuropathy: What is Neuropathy?
Neuropathy refers to a nerve condition which is often painful and damaging. It results in weakening of the body, fatigue, numbness in hands and legs. Neuropathy can be a consequence of any injury, genetic reasons, onset of infections and diabetes.
It is common among individuals who are over 55 years in age. It is a condition that:
- Can be treated by a medical professional
- Requires a proper diagnosis
- Needs laboratory tests or imaging
Neuropathy damages the nerves carrying information to and from the brain. It is a condition that gets resolved within months. Consult with our best neurosurgeons using the mfine app to avoid serious complications and for effective treatments.
Symptoms of Neuropathy
Neuropathic pain may be chronic or acute. Some of the common symptoms are tingling pain, loss of sensation, numbness and burning sensation. Sometimes , patients tend to become sensitive to even the slightest touch and lack of coordination in movement. There are also several symptoms for different neuropathic pain. Motor nerves are vital for controlling muscle movement and any damage to the motor nerves leads to paralysis. Sudden change in blood pressure and heart functioning are the symptoms when automatic nerves are affected. You can reach out to top neurosurgeons online through the mfine app for any queries related to the Neuropathy. People may experience:
- Pain in multiple areas - Neuropathic pain in arms, legs and other body parts.
- Various types of pain - Tingling sensation, sharp stabbing pain or even chronic pain
- Painful circumstances - Movement of the damaged part, due to injury, straining that particular area.
- Muscular pain - Muscular pain is experienced due to neuropathic issues.
- Most common - Chronic pain due to injury or straining. Tingling sensation, muscle pain, skin thinning.
Common measures to treat Neuropathy include:
- Self care
- Following a balanced diet
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Controlling stress level
- Exercising for 10 to 30 minutes daily
- Yoga and meditation
Medicines prescribed by the doctor can reduce the pain caused by neuropathy. Refer to top neurosurgeons on the mfine app for consultation and for prescribing proper medicines to improve your health conditions.
Make it a point to consult with a health specialist at mfine to get the best treatment and advice. The doctor will prescribe the right medication for your condition. You can download the mfine app to get in touch with best neurosurgeons for effective treatment and consultation.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App