Book Alkaline Phosphatase Test in Gurgaon
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an Alkaline phosphatase test in Gurgaon?
What is the Alkaline Phosphatase Test used for?
The alkaline phosphatase test (ALP test) can help to determine the following:
- blockage of bile ducts
An alkaline phosphatase blood test can also help diagnose the following bone problems:
- Paget’s disease
This test can also be useful in answering for the presence of cancer tumors, unusual bone growth, or deficiency of vitamin D.
Higher blood levels of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) may also indicate problems with your liver or gallbladder. These problems may include:
- blockage of bile ducts
- liver cancer
What is included in the Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
- Alkaline phosphatase is a kind of test that allows measuring the amount of ALP in your blood. You have alkaline phosphatase throughout your body, including your liver, digestive system, kidneys, and bones.
- If you show signs of liver disease or a bone disorder, your doctor may order an alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test to measure the amount of the enzyme in your blood and help in diagnosing the difficulty.
- It is frequently ordered along with other tests, such as a gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) test and/or as part of a liver panel, which checks how your liver is working.
Procedure for Alkaline Phosphatase Test
- In an ALP test, blood needs to be drawn from your arm, and it is performed by a healthcare practitioner.
- The healthcare professional then sanitizes the skin on the front side of the elbow with alcohol and ties a tourniquet band, which will allow pooling the blood from the vein.
- Insert the needle into the vein to draw blood and then collect it in a tube.
- This process is simple and quick and causes less pain or soreness.
- The blood sample is then collected, and further analysis is done in the laboratory. Usually, the ALP test takes 24-48 hours to get the report.
How to prepare for an Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
You may have to limit food and liquids for several hours before the test. Some medicines interfere with the results. So, make sure your doctor knows about all drugs you take, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements. Be sure to let your doctor know if you are pregnant because that will increase the level of ALP in your blood.
Things to consider after Alkaline Phosphatase Test is complete
When the test is done, the lab tech will take the tourniquet off, and you will get a bandage on the spot where the needle went in. It takes only a few minutes. The sample is immediately sent to a medical laboratory for analysis. Most of the time, you will be able to return to your normal activities right away. Once the test results are back, your healthcare provider will share the results with you.
What types of infection can the Alkaline Phosphatase test detect?
The ALP test can be helpful in identifying conditions such as
- Blockage of bile ducts (from a gallstone, inflammation, or cancer)
- Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder)
- Cirrhosis (scarring of the liver)
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
- Rickets, a weakening or softening of the bones in children
- Osteomalacia, a softening of the bones in adults usually due to significant vitamin D deficiency
- Paget’s disease of the bone, a condition causing serious concerns with bone destruction and regrowth
- ALP testing may also be helpful in investigating the presence of cancer tumours, unusual bone growth, or vitamin D deficiency.
How much does an Alkaline Phosphatase test cost?*
The cost may vary from city to city. However, the starting price of the test is between ₹70 and ₹200. From the below table, you can book the alkaline phosphatase test:
|City||Test Price Starting from|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Delhi||₹ 70.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Gurugram||₹ 72.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Noida||₹ 72.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Ghaziabad||₹ 72.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Faridabad||₹ 75.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Bengaluru||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Chennai||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Mumbai||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Vizag||₹ 124.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Chandigarh||₹ 150.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Mysore||₹ 170.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Jaipur||₹ 170.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Ahmedabad||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Kolkata||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Indore||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Pune||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Amritsar||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Coimbatore||₹ 178.0|
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
You can expect to get the results for the alkaline phosphatase test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Alkaline Phosphatase test results indicate?
Abnormal results may be due to the following conditions:
Higher-than-normal ALP levels
- Biliary obstruction
- Bone disease
- Eating a fatty meal if you have blood type O or B
- Liver disease
- Healing fracture
- Bone tumors
- Paget disease
- Protein deficiency
Lower-levels of ALP levels leads to
- Wilson disease
Many other conditions for which ALP test should be done:
- Renal cell carcinoma
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia
- Biliary stricture
- Giant cell arteritis
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is Alkaline Phosphatase a definitive test?
ALP test results are usually regarded as accurate. There are potential sources of error in the processing and analysis of your blood sample, so laboratories must take care to follow best practices to ensure dependable results.
If your ALP level is high, your doctor may have you take another test, known as the ALP isoenzyme test. This test determines the level of alkaline phosphatase in blood and finds out whether it is coming from the liver or the bones.
How to read the Alkaline Phosphatase report?
Normal range for alkaline phosphatase (ALP) varies from laboratory to laboratory. One common reference range is from 44 to 147 international units per litre (IU/L), but some organizations recommend a range of 30 to 120 IU/L.
High levels of ALP are also seen in growing children and pregnant women and are considered normal.
Low levels of ALP are seen in patients with malnutrition and certain genetic disorders. ALP levels also decrease temporarily after heart surgery and blood transfusion.
Normal values may vary slightly from laboratory to laboratory. The normal range of values of ALP differs by age and pregnancy status. ALP values are higher in children because their bones are actively growing, while the ALP values increase during pregnancy in tandem with the development of the placenta and the approach of childbirth.
|By U/L||By μkat/L|
|Adults||33 to 96 U/L||0.55 to 1.6 μkat/L|
|Children||Under 350 U/L||Under 5.8 μkat/L|
|Pregnancy (first trimester)||17 to 88 U/L||0.28 to 1.47 μkat/L|
|Pregnancy (second trimester)||25 to 126 U/L||0.42 to 2.1 μkat/L|
|Pregnancy (third trimester)||38 to 229 U/L||0.63 to 3.8 μkat/L|
Why book Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
- Health care providers will ask you for alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test for monitoring, screening, and diagnosing if you have any liver or biliary diseases or bone disorders.
- ALP test is usually a part of a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) and liver panel test. It is performed to keep track of your health to see if the health is getting better or getting worse.
- To detect any liver diseases such as jaundice, swelling, nausea and/or vomiting, unexplained weight loss, edema, abdominal pain, urine is dark color and changes in stool color to light.
- An ALP test can also help diagnose the cause of more general symptoms, such as fatigue.
Alkaline Phosphatase Test at home – how does it work?
The alkaline phosphatase test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
ALP tests are common and a very important part of routine testing and screening. There is not much of a risk of having this test. There might be a slight injury in the vicinity where the blood was drawn for the test. But it subsides faster.
What can affect the results for the ALP test?
Eating before the test may slightly increase your ALP levels for a few hours. Levels can change from person to person. In the case of pregnant women, the levels of ALP are usually higher than the normal range. Mostly in young children, the levels of ALP are higher because it is a growing phase. And sometimes due to intake of certain drugs, like contraceptive pills, it lowers your ALP levels and some drugs can increase the ALP levels.
Why book the Alkaline phosphatase test?
- Your doctor will prescribe this test if you are at risk of conditions affecting your bones and liver. The ALP test is required if you are experiencing symptoms like
- Weak, soft bones
- Yellowish and itchy skin
- Dark stool and urine
- Extreme fatigue
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bone or joint pain
- The alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test is a part of the routine liver profile. Your physician will prescribe this test in case of pregnancy or if you show signs of bone or liver disorders.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Alkaline phosphatase test measure?
- The Alkaline phosphatase test is required to measure the levels of the ALP enzyme in your blood.
- The normal range of this enzyme varies with each person depending on elements like age, blood type, gender, and pregnancy.
- High levels of the enzyme may indicate its leakage into the bloodstream due to liver or bone damage.
- Low levels of ALP indicate a protein deficiency or Wilson’s disease. In some cases, it may also mean the presence of a rare bone disease called Hypophosphatemia in your body.
What Preparation is needed for the Alkaline phosphatase test?
- Usually, the Alkaline phosphatase test is done with other liver and kidney tests. In that case, eating can interfere with the accuracy of the test results. Therefore, you can’t eat or drink for at least 12 hours before the test.
- Moreover, wearing comfortable outfits is important so that the phlebotomist can access the vein on your upper arm.
- Furthermore, it would be best to inform your physician about your regular or current medications for an accurate diagnosis.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
An abnormal test result may indicate the presence of several diseases in your body.
A high level of alkaline phosphatase enzyme in your bloodstream can lead to-
- Liver diseases
- Blockage in the bile duct
- Liver sarcoidosis
- Mononucleosis, which causes swelling in the liver
- Bone disease
- Paget's disease (enlarged and deformed bones)
- Slow healing of bone fractures
- Osteoblastic bone tumours
Lower-than-normal levels of Alkaline phosphatase enzyme in your blood may indicate
- Wilson's disease
- Protein deficiency
- Zinc deficiency
- Magnesium deficiency
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Gurgaon?
Through the MFine app, you can book an at-home sample collection service in various parts of Gurgaon. The samples will be collected from your home by a certified phlebotomist at your preferred time slot.
This doorstep facility offered by MFine will help you get tested in the comfort of your home.
What is the cost of the Alkaline phosphatase test in Gurgaon?
The average cost of the Alkaline phosphatase test in Gurgaon ranges from 126 rupees to 210 rupees. It depends on the laboratory you choose to book. The price usually varies from one laboratory to another based on the infrastructure and the equipment used for the test.
I stay in Kolkata. Can I book the Alkaline phosphatase test for my friend staying in Gurgaon?
Yes, the MFine app helps you book the Alkaline phosphatase test for your family and relatives staying in distant places. Select the preferred city and time slot to fix an appointment for your family. This app helps you book tests with a hassle-free doorstep sample collection facility.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the Alkaline phosphatase test?
Through the MFine app, you can reschedule your appointment for the Alkaline phosphatase test. It gives you an easy and quick option for changing the time and date of your appointment. You can choose your preferred date and time during rescheduling. The samples will be collected at the fixed schedule.
Is the lab technician coming for the Alkaline phosphatase test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Alkaline phosphatase test recommended?
Your physician will order the Alkaline phosphatase test if you experience signs of liver, gallbladder or bone disorders like
- Yellowish skin
- Dark stool and urine
- Extreme fatigue
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bone or joint pain
Is a prescription required to book an Alkaline phosphatase test?
Doctors also recommend this test to diagnose a heart attack or congestive heart failure.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes, it would help if you had a prescription to book an Alkaline phosphatase test. Your doctor must know what symptoms you are experiencing before ordering a test.
Moreover, placental health is related to the ALP levels in your bloodstream. Therefore, pregnant women should follow the doctor’s prescription to undergo the ALP test.
Is the Alkaline phosphatase test definitive?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Alkaline phosphatase test?
The Alkaline phosphatase test is not definitive since it alone can’t diagnose any particular disease.
What diseases can be detected through the Alkaline phosphatase test?
Doctors usually perform the Alkaline phosphatase test as a part of the Liver profile or Liver function test.
However, your physician may order an ALP isoenzyme test. It helps them diagnose what type of ALP has increased in your blood.
Some other tests done in combination with the ALP tests are the GGTP test, Bilirubin test and Aspartate aminotransferase (SGOT) test.
How can I download my Alkaline phosphatase test report?
The higher levels of Alkaline phosphatase in your blood may indicate diseases, including
- Viral hepatitis
- Liver cirrhosis
- Congestive heart failure
- Hodgkin lymphoma
Lower-than-normal levels of the ALP in your blood may indicate diseases such as
- Paget disease
- Wilson’s disease
- Celiac disease.
Are there any discount offers running on the Alkaline phosphatase test in Gurgaon?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.