Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Obstruction Of Duodenum
Duodenal obstruction is the partial or complete obstruction of the duodenum, the first part of the small intestine. This prevents the food from passing through the digestive tract and interferes with the digestion and nutrition.
Duodenal Atresia is the 3rd most common atresia of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Treated by a medical professional
- Lab test or imaging required
- Short to medium: Resolves within a few days to weeks, may require repeated intervention
Duodenal obstruction is often associated with Down Syndrome. This failure may be ischemic or genetic.
- Bloating of the intestine
- Vomiting, a greenish appearance of vomitus
- Weight loss
- Difficulty breathing
- Excessive salivation and drooling
You should immediately consult your doctor in case of the appearance of any of the symptoms. If an infant pulls his knee up with frequent crying, it may be serious.
- Evaluation is carried out to find out signs of other congenital syndromes
- Intravenous fluids may be given to restore electrolyte balance and correct fluid levels in the body
- A nasogastric tube is placed through the infants nose to decompress the stomach and the duodenum
- Surgery is performed to correct the duodenal atresia, which is known as duodenoduodenostomy. It involves opening the duodenal channel along the stomach to the next portion of the intestine
Obstruction of the duodenum can be effectively treated by correct interventions. At mfine, our team of doctors are always available for assistance regarding any medical difficulties. Feel free to contact us for a hassle free consultation.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App