Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Mild Gastritis: Causes, symptoms and treatmen
Sudden swelling, irritation, and inflammation in the lining of the stomach (mucosa).
80% of children in developing countries suffer from gastritis (Helicobacter pylori infection) before the age of 10 years.
- It starts suddenly and lasts for a short interval of time.
- It only affects the stomach unlike gastroenteritis (affects both stomach and intestine).
- The risk of gastritis increases with age.
- Taking too many pain relievers (aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen etc.) can cause it.
- High and regular consumption of alcohol -Helicobacter pylori (kind of bacterial infection)
Mild Gastritis if left untreated can turn into chronic gastritis and may lead to stomach bleeding, ulcer and cancer.
Symptoms include indigestion, stomach bloating, etc. Each individual experiences different symptoms when it comes to gastritis.
People may experience:
- Areas of pain- upper area of stomach (gets either better or worse after eating)
- Also common: hiccups, upset stomach, blood in stool, black stool, feeling of fullness (after eating), loss of appetite
Self Care: Avoiding alcohol, smoking, spicy food, maintaining a healthy diet and drinking lots of water.
Medications: Medication should be taken only after consulting a physician.
Before mild gastritis turns into a chronic one, consult a physician. Diagnosed through stool test, blood test, gastro endoscopy or examining the medical history of the patient, gastritis can be managed if dealt with early. At mfine, there are experts from various specialities in the medical field. Visit mfine today and get the right treatment for your ailment.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App