Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Myocardial infarct and symptoms
Myocardial infarct is the medical name for heart attack. It is a life-threatening condition in which blood supply to the heart is abruptly cut off; this is generally due to blockage in one or more of coronary arteries. This blockage can develop due to fat, cholesterol, and cellular waste products.
Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack. 
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Is treatable by a medical professional
- Requires Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Short-term: resolves within days to weeks
Coronary arteries carry oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscle, but when these arteries get blocked due to the buildup of plague, the blood flow to heart stops and this causes a heart attack. Causes for the blockage could be bad cholesterol, saturated fats, and trans fat.
- Shortness of breath
- Pressure or tightness in the chest
- Pain in chest, jaw, back, and upper body.
- Fast heart rate
- Avoid smoking, also avoid being the second-hand smoke.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Exercise regularly as exercise improves heart muscle function.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Manage diabetes.
- Control stress.
- Doctors may prescribe you pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications to reduce pain.
Specialist: A specialist might recommend coronary artery bypass surgery or coronary angioplasty and stenting. At Mfine, we always provide the best treatment so that you can get healthy as soon as possible.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App