Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Chronic Pulmonary Embolism
Chronic Pulmonary Embolism: Symptoms and Treatment
A condition which creates a blood clot inside the lungs.
Chronic Pulmonary Embolism occurs in 6 out of 1000 patients hospitalized in any cardiology department. 
- Treatable by a medical professional.
- Requires a medical diagnosis.
- Lab tests and Imaging are always required.
- Short term: can be resolved within days to weeks.
Chronic Pulmonary Embolism is the blockage in one of the pulmonary arteries in your lungs. It is caused by a clump of material which moves through your bloodstream and blocks a blood vessel in your lungs. Chronic Pulmonary Embolism can be life-threatening. However, with prompt treatment, the chances of death are greatly reduced.
- Shortness of breath, chest pain and chronic cough.
- Fast heart rate or palpitations.
- A lightheaded or dizziness feeling.
- Back pain.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Flex your ankles every 15 to 30 minutes when you sit.
- Wear support stockings to help promote the circulation of blood in your legs.
Using blood thinners can help prevent the formation of blood clots or dissolve the existing ones.
Seek immediate medical attention from a Pulmonologist in case you start developing severe breathing and respiratory problems. At mfine, you will receive a comprehensive treatment plan for optimum health and speedy recovery.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App