Raising a family is not an easy task. You have a hectic schedule and so do your children. Time is sparse and there’s so much you want to do. But as a parent, the stakes are high. Nowadays, many children are becoming overweight or obese. Some even develop serious health conditions every before they hit puberty. Similarly, parents resort to unhealthy habits when they are worked up. Therefore, it is important that healthy habits must be created from early on.
Smart choices will not just make a smart family but a healthy one as well. Children look up to their parents as role models, so it is important to set a good example. Here are some tips that will make your family a smart and healthy family.
A smart family eats better
- Starts the day with a healthy breakfast
- Consumes more veggies and fruits
- Drinks plenty of water
- Eats snacks that provide energy and nutrition
- Limits the consumption of processed food
- Does not overeat
- Eats at least one meal together
A smart family is more active
- Exercises at least 30 minutes every day
- Walks after before and after meals
- Has a family playtime
- Vacationing involves hiking or biking
- Are active at home
- Doesn’t sit down for more than 2 hours
A smart family gets regular check-ups
- Goes for regular dental check-ups
- Eye exams are a must
- Gets a regular blood pressure & diabetes assessment
- Keeps a track of health checks and vaccinations
- Keeps a healthy weight
A smart family communicates well
- Shows unconditional support
- Accepts mistakes when at fault
- Helps in decision-making
- Encourages healthy habits
- Communicates effectively
- Appreciates when family members make efforts
As mentioned before, smart choices will not just make a smart family but a healthy one as well. Therefore, the addition of a great health plan will provide additional benefits to your family.
The MFine Family Care plan provides exclusive access to the mfine one subscription. This 2020 smart health plan gives you access to unlimited doctor consultations across 22 specialities free follow-ups and a flat 60% off on health tests. And the best part is that this plan will cover 6 family members!