Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
How To Treat Chronic UTIs?
Urinary tract infections that either keep recurring or donâ€™t respond to treatment are known as Chronic Urinary Tract Infections.
Around 1 in 5 young adult women have recurring UTIs, as per National Institute Of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). 
- Requires medical treatment
- Requires urine culture test, visual bladder, and urethra exam and CT scan for diagnosis
- Can happen to anyone but are more prevalent in women
Chronic UTI is also called persistent or recurring UTI. It is said to be chronic if doctor recognizes two infections in the previous 6 months in the bladder. Causes of chronic UTI include bladder infections and urethral infections.
Age affected: Can affect anyone at any age.
- Needing to urinate often or urgently
- Pain in back, lower tummy and during urination
- Feeling the need to urinate even after the empty stomach
- Feeling sick, tired, confused, fever and chills
- Burning sensation during urination
Natural remedies like drinking plenty of water and drinking cranberry juice can help in minimizing the recurrence of chronic UTIs.
Your doctor may prescribe you with antibiotics to reduce the infection. Your doctor may conduct vaginal estrogen therapy in case chronic UTIs occur with menopause.
At mfine, you can connect with a specialist who would guide you about chronic UTIs and also will provide a course of treatment to cure it.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App