Best Physiotherapist in Visakhapatnam
11 Top Physiotherapists in Visakhapatnam listed below
Who is a physiotherapist?
Physiotherapists are experts trained to help patients at all stages of life, from infant to old age, whose bodily functions and movements are impacted by an injury, disease or surgery; they help manage pain and regain balance & mobility in their patients.
What does a physiotherapist do?
Physiotherapists provide physical therapy to patients whose movements and functions are impacted due to an injury, surgery or disease. They provide the following treatment to manage pain, balance, mobility and other motor functions:
- Manual therapy such as massage and joint manipulation
- Electro Therapies such as ultrasound and TENS (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)
- Exercise programs
- Technique correction
- Taping and splinting
- Advise of mobility aids
How often should you see a physiotherapist?
Generally, a doctor will advise you to see a physiotherapist after surgery to help you get back on your feet up and moving. The physiotherapist will assess, diagnose and provide the necessary treatment required for your rehabilitation; your recovery can last anything from a week to a few months.
But you don’t necessarily need to have a doctor’s referral to avail of their services. You can see one if you need to heal from a pain that won’t go away, regain strength & mobility in your arms or limbs, advise on mobility aids, taping, splinting etc.
What degrees do you need to be a physiotherapist?
Physiotherapy is the branch of medical science dealing with motor functions, balance and mobility. Physiotherapists in India have
- BPT – Bachelor of physiotherapy (4-year course) or
- B.Sc in Physiotherapy (3-year course) or
- BOT – Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (3 – 5 year course) or
- Diploma in Physiotherapy (2 – 3 years course).
How to find a good physiotherapist?
To find a good physiotherapist, speak to a family member or friend to refer you to a good physiotherapist. You could also search them online; MFine does a great job of providing services closest to you, i.e., they’d connect you with a physiotherapist near you. Usually, there are ratings and reviews online for the quality of services provided to help you decide what’s best for you.
How to choose a physiotherapist?
Choosing the right physiotherapist is one of the most important and personal decisions you would make. Here are seven crucial tips to help you choose the right physiotherapist:
- Research. There are many physiotherapists out there. Decide upon the one you would be comfortable with; someone with a good reputation, communication and soft skills.
- Get the proper referrals. Speak with a family member, a General Physician, colleagues, friends to help you connect with the right physiotherapist.
- Check for licencing and credentials of the physiotherapist.
- Consider the years of experience of the physiotherapist.
- Consider the gender of the physiotherapist depending on if you would want to disclose your health condition to them.
- Consider the communication style of the physiotherapist. Choose someone you would gel along with quickly. Developing a rapport helps in communicating efficiently with the physiotherapist. If possible, read patient reviews to help you make the right decisions.
- It’s good to know if you would be covered under the insurance plan that you have.