Consult Top Andrologist Online on MFine
What Does An Andrologist Do?
An andrologist specialises in the andrology field, which revolves around the male reproductive system. Moreover, they are experts in diagnosing and treating urological problems in men. You can think of andrology as a field for men that is equivalent to gynaecology for women.
Most people think of urologists and andrologists as the same, but both of these specialisations have a thin line of difference. Although the social stigma around sexual health problems in men is strong, andrologists work toward helping people understand its importance and help them focus on their health and well-being.
If you or someone you know notice symptoms of male genitourinary conditions, we recommend getting it checked right away. You can book an online consultation or a physical appointment with the top andrologist in Azampura, Hyderabad, on MFine to receive quality treatment. These professional experts guarantee a safe space to help you consult them freely and get the correct diagnosis. So, what are you waiting for? Book a consultation with the top andrologist in Azampura, Hyderabad, on MFine within minutes!
Is There Any Difference Between An Andrologist And A Urologist?
Although andrology and urology are similar specialities, there are some critical differences that one needs to consider. The top differences that one should focus on include:-
- Gender – The biggest difference between an andrologist and a urologist is the gender they treat. Andrologists are focused on diagnosing males, whereas urologists can treat both males and females.
- Conditions Treated – Urologists mainly treat conditions like bladder issues, urinary tract infections (UTIs), and kidney issues. However, andrologists mainly focus on problems faced by males, such as male reproductive issues.
- Educational Requirements – Andrologists need a bachelor’s degree, a medical degree, a urology residency, and an andrology certification to practice. Whereas urologists need a bachelor’s degree in any science-related subject, a medical degree, general surgery residency, as well a urology residency.
What Conditions Does An Andrologist Treat?
Andrologists oversee a lot of patients, and depending on their condition, they might have a medical team. Some patients go through anxiety and depression due to the social stigma around sexual health in males. Hence, they might also need to consult psychiatrists and other mental health experts. Moreover, andrologists cover and diagnose a lot of conditions, such as:-
- Male Infertility – Caused due to a wide range of reasons, including low sperm production, blockages affecting sperm delivery, and abnormal sperm production and function. Other than that, one’s life choices, habits, chronic health problems, and injuries can also contribute to male infertility.
- Penile Disorders – Problems with the penis and male reproductive system can cause pain and affect a man’s sexual function and fertility, among other issues. Some common disorders under this include – erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, Balanitis, Priapism, and penile cancer.
- Prostatitis – A disorder of the prostate gland that is associated with inflammation and pain in the groin and pelvic region. One might also experience painful urination and bacterial infections, causing difficulty in urinating.
- Varicocele – In this condition, the veins within the scrotum, i.e., the loose bag of skin that holds the testicles. The main cause is that blood pools in the veins instead of efficient circulation out of the scrotum.
- Hydrocele – The swelling of the scrotum is known as hydrocele, which happens due to the collection of fluid in the thin sac surrounding the testicles. Although it is not a major health issue, it can be quite uncomfortable for people.
- Testicular Torsion – When the testicle rotates and twists the spermatic cord bringing blood to the scrotum, it causes a reduced blood flow known as testicular torsion. Moreover, one also experiences sudden and severe pain, swelling, and pressure.
- Balanitis – The inflammation of the penis head is known as balanitis and is a common condition. Treating balanitis is quite easy even though, in some cases, one might need medical treatment. The other condition that doctors focus on is posthitis which is an inflammation of the foreskin.
- Balanoposthitis – This condition involves the inflammation of both the glans as well as the foreskin. However, the condition is not as terrifying as others.
When Should I Consult An Andrologist?
In general, if you’re facing internal or external issues with the male reproductive system, you need to consult an andrologist. In case you experience discomfort or notice other symptoms, we recommend booking a consultation with an andrologist. You can also talk to your andrologist to clear any confusion about myths surrounding the male reproductive system. After all, sexual health is all the more important and as much critical as physical and mental health. In case you’re facing trouble in conceiving or notice symptoms of male genitourinary conditions, book a consultation with the top andrologist in Azampura, Hyderabad, via MFine.
Book A Consultation With The Top Andrologist In Azampura, Hyderabad, Today!
Our sexual health is as important as our physical and mental health, but it is difficult with all the stigma around it. MFine offers teleconsultations with the top andrologists at your fingertips to help you shed the shame and take a step closer to better health. You can also book a clinic or hospital visit with these expert professionals. After all, the top andrologists have been in the industry for a long time and understand the importance of a safe space and total discretion.
MFine makes it easier to seek expert advice from the top andrologists in and around Azampura, Hyderabad, in the comfort of your home. So, what are you waiting for? Book a consultation with the best specialists online via MFine and receive the boost you need to lead a better, healthier life.