Book PET Scan in Chennai
Avail Pet Scan in Chennai through MFine. You can choose your preferred lab partner from our wide range of trusted partners for positron emission tomography (PET) scans and book an appointment online. PET scanning is a non-invasive imaging method for obtaining pictures of bodily tissues and organs. An identifiable and injectable dye with radioactive tracers is used in this approach that detects the anomaly in the bodily organ or tissues. Unfortunately, a substantial amount of the radioactive tracer is absorbed by the aberrant bodily part, suggesting a health problem.
Overall, PET scans can be performed to check for illness or other problems in tissues and organs. PET is also used to assess organ function, like the brain or heart. For example, the doctor will recommend a cardiac PET scan to examine the blood circulation to the heart muscles. The scan may reveal that part of the body suffers from insufficient blood flow. The Pet Scan test is widely used to determine early indications and symptoms of cancer and heart and brain diseases.... View more
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai is a tier 1 metropolis with many testing laboratories in diverse fields. Several government-run and private institutions offer healthcare in Chennai. The place has been dubbed the “Health Capital of India.”
- Chennai has all of the requisite health infrastructures for all of the tests. The city’s health agencies work diligently to ensure that medical services are provided to all residents. Chennai boasts some of India’s best hospitals (both private and public). They are available 24 /7 to offer genuine treatments.
- The healthcare centres are expanding in tandem with the worldwide framework to serve patients with current amenities. For example, many hospitals have departments dedicated to certain specialities, with professionals supporting patients. In addition, testing facilities are available on the hospital grounds to make patients’ care more pleasant.
- The healthcare departments employ cutting-edge technologies to provide patients with a comfortable screening and treatment encounter. Advanced machinery, expert physicians, nursing, other paramedical personnel, and a sophisticated pharmaceutical industry make up the health infrastructure.
- Emergency treatment, planned procedures, diagnostic tests, lab work, and patient education are available at many facilities. In addition, patients may get inpatient or outpatient hospital treatment based on their medical condition.
- The death rate from lifestyle disorders like diabetes and renal disease is most significant in Chennai. This city also has frequent risks from coronary heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Several hospitals provide echocardiograms, PET scans, coronary angiograms, MRIs, ECGs, and other scans to analyse heart and brain ailments.
Why book a PET Scan test?
In the following situations, doctors may recommend this test:
- To diagnose brain, cancer, and heart diseases in their early stages.
- To determine the amounts of oxygen, blood flow, Blood sugar levels in the body.
- To help detect tissues and organs within the body.
- To see if the cancer is spreading or if the cancer treatment, such as chemotherapy.
- For detecting a cancer recurrence.
- This examination might indicate regions of the heart with poor blood flow. This is because good cardiac tissue absorbs more from the tracer than sick muscle or tissue with less blood flow.
- It can identify which parts of the brain consume glucose at the most excellent rates by identifying radioactive glucose.
- This scan identifies and treats various CNS conditions, including Alzheimer’s, depression, epilepsy, etc.
What are all tests included in PET Scan?
A radiologist will perform your PET test to detect sick cells in tissues and organs. Then, an IV injection of a safe dose of a radioactive medication is given to you. A radiotracer is a name for this chemical. Intravenously, a dye carrying radioactive tracers in a proper dose is injected into the patient’s bloodstream.
Unhealthy cells take up more radioactive substances than healthy ones in your body. This radiation is detected by the PET scanner, which generates pictures of the afflicted tissue. PET pictures are frequently coupled with CT or MRI scans, referred to as PET-CT or PET-MRI scans.
What preparation is required for a PET Scan?
Specific guidelines must be followed before each medical test or operation, as indicated by the doctor.
- Consult your doctor regarding all of the prescriptions you’re using and any past health problems you’ve had.
- You are suggested to abstain from alcohol, caffeine, and smoking, one day before the test.
- Regardless of whether you will be given an anaesthetic, consider fasting 6 hours well before the test.
- For at least a few days just before a test, your doctor might recommend you to prevent strenuous physical activity and deep tissue massage.
- You will be requested to follow a low-carbohydrate diet, no-sugar, for 24 hours before the test. Dairy products, bread, cereals, fruits, and other similar foods should be ignored.
- Before the treatment, you may go through a creatinine test or kidney function, and if you have diabetes, you may be allowed to check your glucose.
- Avoid consuming cough drops, chewing gum, swallowing hard candy, or mints.
What is the average cost of a PET Scan in Chennai?
The cost of a PET Scan depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Chennai is usually Rs. 9,999, which is the most affordable price rate available. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost when booking the appointment.
How to get a PET Scan in Chennai?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any discounts running on MFine for PET SCANs?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for PET SCANs. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the PET SCAN test?
Yes, you can easily reschedule the appointment for a PET SCAN with the MFine app. Just go to the app, and there is an option to reschedule the appointment.
What is the purpose of a PET scan?
PET scans are conducted for checking for illness or other problems in organs or tissues of a body. Also, it monitors heart and brain functioning. The most prevalent applications of PET are cancer diagnosis and therapy assessment.
Is a PET scan an unpleasant procedure?
A PET-CT scan isn’t harmful. However, some postures may be painful or exhausting. During the scan, you must remain completely motionless. It’s also possible that you will have to raise your arms over your head.
What cancers may be detected by a PET scan?
Solid tumours in the prostate, brain, thyroid, cervix, and lungs can be detected with PET scans. In addition, lymphoma, colorectal, melanoma, and pancreatic cancers can all be detected using these scans. They’re likewise utilised to see if a treatment successfully cures cancer.
Is a PET scan able to detect all sorts of cancers?
A PET scan does not detect all malignancies. The findings of PET scans are frequently combined with those of other lab and imaging tests. Other tests are frequently required to determine if a region that has accumulated a significant of radioactive particles is malignant or not.
What is the purpose of a PET scan?
Your doctor may order a PET scan to look for indicators of cancer, such as breast cancer, thyroid cancer, and lung cancer. Heart attack, coronary artery disease, or other cardiac disorders are all possible causes of death. Brain tumours, dementia, epilepsy, and Alzheimer’s disease are all examples of brain illnesses.
What is the definition of a radioactive tracer?
A glucose molecule with a radioactive element serves as the tracer. Tracers may be easily removed from the body in this manner, even in people with renal disease or diabetes.
How long would it take to have a PET scan?
The PET scan requires approximately two hours to complete. The injected radiotracer might need 60 minutes for the body to process. You’ll have to stay quiet and keep your movements to a minimum throughout this period. The PET scan itself lasts roughly 45 minutes. You’ll have to stay after the exam while the technician checks the scans to make sure they’re clear.
When can the patient expect to get the results of their tests?
The photos will be reviewed by a radiologist with particular skills in PET scans, who will then write a report and email it to the healthcare practitioner. It usually takes 24 hours to complete this operation.
What are black dots on a PET scan, and what do they mean?
On black-and-white PET pictures, tissue with high sugar consumption and metabolism shows as very dark spots. In contrast, it displays particularly brilliant spots on colour PET images.
Is a PET scan more effective than a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan?
More precise diagnosis and therapy options are MRI and CT scans. PET/MRI brain scans can reveal aberrant abnormalities that PET/CT scans overlook in more than half of the people studied. In addition, PET/MRI screenings expose individuals to around 50% less radiation than PET/CT scans, leading to improved safety.