Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Pain Left Thumb And Index Finger
Most common causes of pain in your hand
A pain in the left thumb and index finger that may be mild or severe depending upon the cause.
In a recent US Department of Labor study, of all injuries reported, injuries to fingers and hands accounted for more than 23%.
- Laboratory tests or imagings are required.
- Short-term:: Resolves within days or weeks.
- Self-treatable but may require professional intervention.
Pain in the finger usually stem from inflammation, nerve damage, repetitive motion injuries, sprains, and fractures are one of the several chronic conditions.
- A sharp or dull ache in joints of your fingers and nearby areas.
- Swelling, stiffness, or difficulty moving your fingers.
A traumatic injury that may cause fracture or sprains, which can be managed by taking adequate rest and physical/occupational therapy.
- De Quervains tendonitis: It causes swelling near your thumb because of irritation or inflammation of tendons near the base of your wrist. Treatment involves using a splint, anti-inflammatory medicines and cortisone shots.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is characterized by a sharp pain in your thumb, index finger, and middle finger along with numbness, tingling, and weakness because of constriction. Treated using a splint to provide rest, anti-inflammatory drugs, and steroids.
- Arthritis symptoms include swelling, stiffness, changes in thumb joints, inflammation in your joints, and presence of cysts. Medications, anesthetics, steroids, and surgical intervention help to relieve the symptoms.
- Trigger finger is present when your fingers and thumbs lock themselves in a bent position and exuberates sharp pain. The following methods are generally used which include NSAIDs, injecting steroids, and surgery.
Pain in your fingers may be a sign of mild symptom or a chronic disorder. At mfine, we provide a holistic approach to healthcare, to provide you with the best advice for all your medical issues.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App