Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Medial Collateral Ligament Strain
All you need to know about Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain
A condition which causes a sprain in the ligament tissue that surrounds your knee.
Medial Collateral Ligament is one of the four ligaments that help in stabilizing the knee. 
- Can be medically treated.
- Lab tests and imaging are always required.
- Short-term: Can be resolved within days to weeks.
Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain is caused when the ligament tissue surrounding the knee gets injured by stretching. This condition is common among people who play contact sports like football or rugby.
If you suffer from Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain, you may notice the following symptoms:
- Popping sound in the knee while walking.
- The stiffness of the knee.
- Knee gets locked while walking.
- Difficulty in putting pressure on the knee while you walk.
- Noticeable swelling in the knee joint.
Self-care: Applying an ice pack on the injured/affected area can reduce the swelling. Also, using crutches while walking can help in taking off the weight pressure from the knee.
Medications: Pain relievers and ointments prescribed by your doctor can help in reducing the pain and swelling.
Specialists: Seek immediate medical attention in case your condition worsens over time. At mfine, you will receive a comprehensive treatment plan for optimum health and speedy recovery.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App