Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Intervertebral Disc Prolapse Lumbar
All you Should Know About Intervertebral Disc Prolapse Lumbar
A prolapsed intervertebral disc is a technical term for a slipped disc.
Lumbar herniated disc or intervertebral disc prolapse lumbar most often affects people aged 35 to 50.
● Affects both men and women
● Treatment options available
● Lab tests, scans, imaging may be required
A herniation in the lower back region often compresses the nerve root exiting at a level below the disc. Pain caused by a lumbar herniated disc could seem to occur suddenly, but is generally a gradual process. The spinal discs begin to dry out with the normal ageing process leading to the condition.
1. Natural ageing
2. Less water content in intervertebral discs
3. Thinning and weakening of discs
6. A fall or blow to the back
People may experience:
1. Pain in the back, nerve root, groin, arms, leg
2. Numbness or tingling
3. Muscular weakness
7. Bowel or bladder incontinence due to cauda equina syndrome
Self-care: Strengthening the trunk muscles, maintaining good posture, and a healthy diet.
Therapy: Physiotherapy, yoga, and massage are advisable to minimize pain.
Medications: Over-the-counter pain relief medications, anticonvulsants, and muscle relaxants are recommended.
Specialists: Consult a specialist. In extreme cases surgery may be required. Mfine provides a comprehensive treatment plan for optimum health.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App