Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Cervical Spondylitis: Symptoms and How To Treat It?
Cervical Spondylitis is an autoimmune condition in which the upper cervical spine is affected accompanied by a pain in the neck. The inflammation of the joints that facilitate the movements of the back and neck results in pain and stiffness, causing the disease.
More than 85% men and women by the age of 60 get affected by cervical spondylosis.(1)
- The disease of age-related and worsens after the age of 40.
- The disease is chronic and can last for a long period of time.
- It requires medical diagnosis
- Laboratory tests and imaging tests are often required.
Age is also a factor that contributes to the occurrence of the disease. With increasing age, the chances of acquiring the disease increase.
There are various types of spondylitis such as
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Reactive arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Juvenile spondyloarthropathy
The disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Stiffness of the neck and back
- Chronic discomfort while sitting or standing or walking
- Swollen joints
- Restricted movements
It is not simple to diagnose the condition, and the symptoms of this disease can be well diagnosed by a rheumatologist.
On the basis of symptoms the treatments can be prescribed by the physician.
- Warm compress
- Exercising regularly
- Using ice packs
- Herbal remedies: Certain herbs have anti-inflammatory properties and can relieve the pain.
- Massages: Gentle massage can help sooth the muscles of the neck and back and provide relief.
- Using muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor.
- Using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Surgeries: Spinal surgery, laminectomy, and intervertebral disc surgeries may be suggested by the doctors.
Specialists: mfine team dedicates itself in helping the patients with any kind of medical conditions that they have faced for a long time through its various treatments.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App