Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Achillis Tendinitis- A Brief Overview
Achilles Tendinitis results from the overuse of the Achilles, which is the band of tissue that connects the calf muscle (at the lower leg) to heel bone.
Males are more predisposed to developing this condition as opposed to women.
- Requires medical diagnosis
- Treatable by medical professionals
- Acute: usually resolves within a few months
- Lab tests and imaging may be required
It is a common phenomenon in runners who have suddenly increased the intensity of their activity, especially in the middle age. The repeated activity and strain on the calf muscles lead to the development of this condition. The other causes which lead to this condition are:
- Training on a hard surface
- Wearing high heels continuously
- Hill running
- Poor supportive footwear
It is prevalent mostly in the middle-aged individuals between 37 to 43 years of age.
The common symptoms people may experience in Achilles tendinitis are:
- Pain along the tendon or close to the heels
- Swelling of the tendons
- Stiffness in the ankle causing limited range of motion
- Skin over the heel is warm to touch
These home remedies can help alleviate symptoms of Achilles tendinitis:
- RICE therapy (Rest, Ice, Compression, and elevation)
- Gentle stretching of the calf muscles
- Reducing physical activity
The doctors prescribe the following treatment options to cure Achilles Tendinitis:
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical therapy
- Surgery if the ruptures are serious
A sports therapist or orthopedist can help you deal effectively with Achilles tendinitis. Join mfine to get the best-integrated treatments for all your health problems.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App