Best Ophthalmologist in Kakinada
33 Top Ophthalmologists in Kakinada listed below
Who is an ophthalmologist?
Ophthalmologists are doctors who specialize in eye and vision care. They are professionals trained to perform eye tests, diagnose and treat eye diseases, prescribe medications, perform eye surgery, and write prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses.
What does an ophthalmologist do?
Ophthalmologists are eye doctors who treat all disorders of the eyes: injuries, infections, refractive errors, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma etc.
How often should you go to an ophthalmologist?
It’s time to see an ophthalmologist when you find yourself having the following symptoms:
- Redness in eyes
- Itchiness in eyes
- Watery or pus discharge from eyes
- Blurry or loss of vision
- Dry eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Pain in the eyes and headaches etc
What degrees do you need to be an ophthalmologist?
To be an ophthalmologist, you need an MBBS degree followed by a post-graduate specialization in Ophthalmology (MS Ophthalmology). Once they have the required degree, they can practice at any Primary Health Centers, business organizations, hospitals, nursing homes or open their private practice.
How to find a good ophthalmologist?
To find a good ophthalmologist, speak to a family member or friend who can refer you to a good ophthalmologist. You could also search online for doctors; Google does a great job of providing services closest to you, i.e., they’d connect you with doctors near you. Usually, there are ratings and reviews online for the quality of services provided to help you decide what’s best for you.
How to choose an ophthalmologist?
Choosing the right doctor is one of the most important and personal decisions you would make. Following are seven important tips to help you choose the right Ophthalmologist:
- Research. There are many doctors out there. Decide upon the one you would be comfortable with; someone with a good reputation, communication and soft skills.
- Get the right referrals. Speak with your family members, colleagues, friends to help you connect with the right doctor.
- Check for licencing and credentials of the Ophthalmologist.
- Consider the years of experience of the Ophthalmologist.
- Consider the gender of the eye doctor depending on if you would want to disclose your health condition to them.
- Consider the communication skill of the Ophthalmologist. Choose an eye doctor you would get along with quickly. Developing a rapport helps in communicating efficiently with the doctor. If possible, read patient reviews to help you make the right decisions.
- It’s good to know if you would be covered under the insurance plan that you have.
At MFine, we treat your health as our top priority. Book an online appointment, and our specialists will get in touch with you shortly!
You can consult top ophthalmologists near you all from the comfort of your home — Download the MFine app now or visit our website.
- Ask the doctor about your symptoms, problems, medications, and more during your consultation.
- You may have to submit your medical history and records if any, so the doctor can better understand your condition.
- Post teleconsultation, you could also follow up with your doctor online.
- Additionally, you can also buy medicines online and get lab tests done using the MFine app, all from the comfort of your home.