Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Intimate itching? Check for candidiasis
A fungal infection which typically affects the skin or mucous membranes caused by Candida yeasts which reside in the intestinal tract. Candida yeasts can be found naturally on mucous membranes and skin without causing infection. Overgrowth of those organisms will cause the condition to develop.
Scientists estimate that about 20% of women normally have Candida in the vagina without having any symptoms.
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging often required
- Short-term: resolves within days to weeks
- Candidiasis can be vaginal or oral. Possible causes include:
- Improper diet, excessive alcohol and sugar consumption.
- Inadequate rest.
- Poor oral hygiene, smoking.
- Candidiasis can also be spread to men upon intercourse with partners having the condition. People with weakened immune system are more prone to catching the infection by fungus or bacteria.
- In the case of oral candidiasis, patches or sores can be seen in the tongue or mucous membranes of the mouth.
- In the case of nails, painful swelling can be observed.
- Vaginitis: Vaginal itching or soreness, pain during sexual intercourse, pain or discomfort when urinating and abnormal vaginal discharge.
- Infection present on tip of the penis, when in men.
Prefer wearing cotton underwear to reduce the chances of getting a yeast infection. Maintain oral and vaginal hygiene. Keep the intimate skin dry and avoid using petroleum jelly or talcum powder
Usually treated with antifungal and/or immune system stimulating medicine which is taken according to the prescription by the doctor.
Through mfine, you can connect with expert physicians for holistic treatment in 60 seconds.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App