Last modified on December 2020
With inputs from Dr.Pravallika Devisetti, General Physician & Anesthesiologist
– Herpesviral Vulvovaginitis refers to the inflammation in the vagina and vulva. It results from the herpes simplex virus (HSV) and can cause vulvar itching, rashes, and blisters around the affected region.
– Herpesviral vulvitis symptoms in Indian women include itching of vulva/ vagina, irritation, inflammation, pain in vulva/ vagina, swelling, abnormal vaginal discharge. One may also notice discomfort while urinating, and/ or light bleeding.
– Acute vaginitis in Indian women can also be caused by several other reasons. It is important to get your vaginitis rash checked by the doctor to rule out other causes, such as bacterial infection, yeast infection, parasitic infection, environmental factors, and more.
– The correct vaginitis diagnosis is key to evaluating the underlying cause of the infection. The gynecologist will perform a pelvic examination and also have a discussion about the severity of the symptoms.
– The gynecologist will suggest a suitable vulvitis treatment plan, based on the type of infection and severity of your vulvitis symptoms.