Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease
Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
Systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) or chronic fatigue syndrome is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that cannot be explained by an underlying medical condition. The fatigue could get worse with physical or mental activity, but does not improve with rest.
SEID most commonly affects people in their 40s and 50s.
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Symptomatic diagnosis
- Causes are mostly unknown
- Treatment focused on symptom relief
- Diagnostic method is based on symptoms
- Women more likely to get diagnosed
- Chronic: can last for years or lifelong
- Lab tests and imaging often required
This condition is also called as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and it limits the personâ€™s ability to carry out ordinary routine activities. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and gradual increase in activity is suitable in many cases.
1. Viral infections
2. Immune system problems
3. Hormonal imbalance
People may experience:
2. Sore throat
3. Loss of memory or concentration
5. Unexplained muscle or joint pain
6. Unrefreshing sleep
Self-care: Cognitive training and graded exercises are helpful.
Medications: Antidepressants are helpful to improve sleep and relieve pain on doctors prescription.
Specialists: Consult a doctor for immediate concerns. At mfine, we provide a comprehensive treatment plan for optimum health.