Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Other Abnormalities Of Breathing Different Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
Other Abnormalities Of Breathing: Everything You Need To Know
Other Abnormalities Of Breathing has the ICD-10-CM code as R06.89.
Anywhere between 12-20 breaths per minute are considered as normal by doctors. Other abnormalities of breathing include sighing, breath holding spells, tachypnea, dyspnea, apnea, hyperventilation and so on.
Breathing problems affect millions of Americans, of all age groups and may worsen if not treated in time. 
The possible underlying causes of Abnormalities Of Breathing can be many. Some common ones are:
- Hay fever
Patients are advised to visit a doctor and take immediate medical attention if symptoms worsen over time.
The symptoms of Breathing Abnormalities vary depending on the reason and health condition of the patient. However, the common symptoms can be:
- Trouble breathing: There is trouble in breathing, in general
- Fast breaths: Breaths are faster.
- Irregular breathing: There is no regular interval between breaths.
- Nasal congestion: Nose block is a common symptom.
- Cough: Coughing can be seen in this ailment.
- Dizziness: Person is likely to feel dizzy.
- Hyperventilation: Hyperventilating is another symptom.
- Weakness: Lack of energy is observed.
- Confusion: Person affected may get confused over trivial things.
- Asthma attack: Asthma which leads to breathlessness is one of the major symptoms.
Diagnosis of abnormal breathing disorders can be done by performing several tests like:
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Chest X-ray
- CT Scan
- Allergy tests
- Physical examination
Treatment of different abnormalities of breathing differs and also depend upon a combination of factors. Some include:
- Avoid triggers like pollen, pets, linen fabrics etc.
- Breathing exercises as recommended by a doctor.
- Wearing dust masks.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Stress Management.
Common treatment options recommended by doctors are:
- Medication as per the cause and symptoms
Specialists: At mfine, we understand and focus on providing the most accurate diagnosis and best treatment possible to our patients.