Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Ascorbic Acid Deficiency
Ascorbic Acid Deficiency: Symptoms and Treatment
Ascorbic acid deficiency happens when there is a lack of vitamin C.
Only 10 to 14% of cases are reported annually.
- Treatable by medical professionals
- Lab tests are often required
- It requires a medical diagnosis
Vitamin C is an important nutrient that aids the body to absorb iron and produce collagen. Ascorbic acid deficiency may result from a poor diet that lacks in fresh fruits and vegetables, illnesses like anorexia and mental health issues, old age or excessive consumption of alcohol or drug use. Low vitamin C levels are linked to increased risk of infections.
- Rough and bumpy skin
- Bright red hair follicles
- Dry and damaged skin
- Easy bruising
- Painful swollen joints
- Weak bones
- Bleeding gums and tooth loss
- Poor immunity
- Corkscrew hairs
- Eating fruits and vegetables that are rich in Vitamin C
- Consult a nutritionist for a well-balanced diet
- Vitamin C supplements intravenously (for severe cases) or orally (for mild to moderate cases), suggested by a physician.
To treat health-related problems such as ascorbic acid deficiency, consult a primary care physician. We, at mfine provide accurate diagnosis and smooth treatment with a team of expert doctors.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App