Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
How To Treat Ringworms?
Also known as Dermatophytosis, Ringworm is a fungal infection of the skin.
Fungal infections affect as much as 20 percent to 25 percent of the world's population.
1. Doctors may use a black light to examine ringworms on your skin.
2. It may be red and itchy.
3. Can affect human as well as animals.
They are caused by a fungus, not a worm. It can spread by touching a contaminated surface and by skin to skin contact. Age affected are between 3-40 years. Though,it mostly affects people above 41.
People may experience:
1. Darkening of skin, flakiness, peeling, red rashes or scaly patches.
2. Falling or breaking of the hair around that area, giving rise to bald patches.
3. Discolouration or thickening of the nails. They may even begin to crack.
4. Develop patches that are defined and raised.
Self-care: You may be asked to avoid clothes that irritate affected area, cover the area with a bandage, and clean and dry your skin daily.
Medication: Your doctor may prescribe medicines like Anti-fungal creams, ointments, gels or sprays. Over-the-counter products may also be recommended.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App