Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Scalp Psoriasis: Diagnosis and Treatment
A common skin disorder leading to raised, reddish and often scaly patches.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), at least 50 percent of all people with plaque psoriasis experience at least one flare-up on the scalp. 
1. The doctor may diagnose it by examining the affected area.
2. It is a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
3. Can happen to both, men and women.
4. Treatment can be helpful, but it cannot be cured.
Scalp psoriasis is caused because of something wrong with the immune system leading cells to grow quickly and rapidly. It can be mild and almost unnoticeable. At the same time, it can be severe and long-lasting, causing thickly crusted sores leading to intense itching and hair loss.
People may experience:
1. Pain in the joints.
2. Rashes, dryness, flakiness, peeling, fissures, thickness, small bumps, or redness.
3. Hair loss in the affected area.
4. Depression, itching, plaque, inflamed tendons, joint stiffness or dent in the nails.
Although, there is no cure for this condition, treatment may help.
Self-Care: Petroleum jelly, coal tar extracts, and moisturizer can be used.
Medications: Your doctor may prescribe a steroid, vitamin A derivative, anti-inflammatory drugs, light therapy, and many other supplements.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App