Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Acne Vulgaris Grade 1 To Grade 2
Grade 1 and Grade 2 Acne: Everything there is know about them
Acne Vulgaris, commonly known as acne is the presence of blackheads, whiteheads, and other types of pimples on the skin.
Around 80% of people suffer from acne.
- Is treatable by a medical professional
- May or may not require a medical diagnosis
- May not require lab tests or imaging
- Is common amongst teens and young adults between the ages of 11 and 30 years
- Usually found on the face, chest, shoulders, and the back
Symptoms of Grade 1 acne:
- Appearance of open comedones(skin coloured bumps) or blackheads
- Absence of redness or bumps
Symptoms of Grade 2 acne:
- Presence of whiteheads
- Mild inflammation with swelling
- Occasional papules and pustules
Self-care: Grade 1 acne can be cured by self-care. For instance, using water-based products with salicylic acid helps unblocking pores. Also, steaming can help open up and clear the pores. Try not to scrub the acne-affected parts very harshly. Keeping the skin hydrated by consuming enough fluids can help treat this form of acne.
Medication: Grade 2 acne can require some medication. Topical treatments will help clean the skin and destroy the bacteria. Doctors may recommend Benzoyl Peroxide treatment. It helps reduce blackheads and pore blockages.
Specialists: For severe acne, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
At mfine, we can help you with various issues; join us for a holistic treatment program.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App