Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
All You Need To Know: Varicose Eczema.
Varicose Eczema is a skin condition that affects the lower leg, it is common with people affected by Varicose vein.
20 percent of people over the age of 70 years have Varicose Eczema.
- Treatment can help, but this condition canâ€™t be cured.
- Requires a medical diagnosis.
- Lab tests or imaging rarely required.
- Medium-term: resolves within months.
Varicose Eczema is a skin disorder that affects the lower legs and is common in people with varicose veins. Left untreated, leg ulcers can develop, which are long-lasting wounds that form where the skin has become damaged.
Ages affected: 0-2-extremely rare; 3-13-very rare; 14-40-rare; 41-60-common; 60 above-very common.
- Self-diagnosable: Skin discoloration, itching, scaling, and ulcers. The doctor may carry out a physical examination for confirmation.
- Aching legs when standing for a prolonged period.
- Swelling that appears towards the end of the day and lessens after sleeping overnight.
Exercise is important. A brisk walk twice a day or walking up stairs can be of great help.
Antibiotics will be necessary in case of ulcers and other infections. Antihistamine medication can reduce itching. A corticosteroid or a Topic Calcineurin Inhibitor (TCI) may be prescribed to reduce inflammation.
Compression Stockings: Compression stockings or dressings can be used to maintain blood flow.
For other concerns, consult a physician. At mfine you will receive a holistic treatment plan for optimum health.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App