Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Surgical Site Pain
Post-pain surgery: everything about surgical site pain
An unpleasant, painful sensation that results from a surgical procedure.
On an average, about 30 percent of patients experience chronic pain after surgery .
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging not required
Causes: The damage done to tissue by the incision and/ or the closing of the wound. Pain after surgery can stem from any factors that accompany surgery.
Types of pain:
- Nociceptive Pain - acute pain caused by damage of tissue including muscle, bone, skin, or organs.
- Neuropathic Pain - caused by damage of nerve cells. This damage can be a result of surgery, diseases (like diabetes), or injury.
The pain depends upon the area of surgery.
- Muscle pain: in the neck, shoulders, back, or chest from lying on the operating table.
- Throat pain: sore or scratchy.
- Movement pain: Sitting up, walking, and coughing
- Try to consume whole grains Instead of refined grains
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetable should be included in your daily diet
- Reassess your typical diet
Intravenous Patient-Controlled Analgesia (PCA), Nerve Blockers, oral medications for pain may be recommended.
Surgical site pain may often be a sign of internal problem associated with the site of surgery and requires expert supervision for healing. mfine connects you with such experts.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App