Right Groin Pain: Everything To Know
Pain that occurs where the lower abdomen meets inner, upper thigh.
Groin injuries are common, comprising 2 to 5 percent of all sports injuries.
1. Requires physical examination for diagnosis.
2. Lab tests like CT scan or MRI might be needed.
3. Can happen to both, men and women.
4. Affects men more than women.
The area of hip between stomach and thigh is the groin. Groin pain happens because of strain of the muscles, ligaments or tendons in this area. Apart from that, inguinal hernia and kidney stones might be one of the reasons. Other uncommon causes include intestinal and testicular inflammation, ovarian cysts, pinched nerves, enlarged lymph nodes, and urinary tract infections.
1. Physical changes in the testicles, such as lumps or swelling
2. Blood in urine
3. Pain in lower back, chest or abdomen.
4. Fever or feeling nauseous.
Self-Care: Ice packs on the pain area for 15-20 minutes a few times a day and taking rest from physical activity might be helpful.
Medications: Your doctor may prescribe you steroids, antibiotics, and some painkillers to ease your pain.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition aggravates. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.