Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Primary Aldosteronism (Conn Syndrome)
All you need to know about Primary Aldosteronism (Conn Syndrome)
High blood pressure caused by a hormonal disorder is known as Primary aldosteronism (Conn Syndrome).
Around 6-20% of adult hypertensive patients are affected by primary hyperaldosteronism. 
-Requires blood sampling
-Tests are required for diagnosis
-Surgery may be required
Too much aldosterone is produced in primary aldosteronism, which leads to losing potassium and retaining sodium. The blood pressure and blood volume is increased as the excess sodium in turn holds on to water. This form of high blood pressure also increases the risk of a heart disease or a stroke.
Symptoms of primary aldosteronism may include tingling, headaches, visual disturbances, fatigue, increased thirst, frequent urination, weakness, temporary paralysis, palpitations, and muscle cramps.
- Follow a healthy diet: Focus on fresh food, limit the intake of sodium and include grains, fruits, and vegetables in your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Lose weight in case you are overweight to reduce your blood pressure.
- Exercise: Exercising daily and even going for a walk can reduce blood pressure
- Dont Smoke: Cardiovascular health improves after quitting smoking
- Limit alcohol and caffeine: Both of them increase blood pressure
Medications: The doctor may prescribe aldosterone blocking drugs and other blood pressure drug therapies for treatment.
Specialist: If you drink a lot of alcohol, are overweight, older than the age of 45 years, or have an imbalance diet, then you must consult a specialist as soon as you see any symptoms. At mfine, you will find the assistance and treatment required by you.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App