Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Erase Post Chicken Pox Scars and Regain Your Facial Glow
A condition where black spots appear on the skin post-chicken pox as a result of scratching or scarring.
Post chicken pox scars occur due to scratching and damage of the blisters.
- Takes a few weeks to several months to fade or completely go away
- Two types: atrophic scarring and dark acne marks
- Results in feelings of low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Removal of chicken pox scars depends on the skin's regenerative abilities and other factors
Post chicken pox scars result from scarring of the skin when chickenpox blisters in the skin get damaged and grow scar tissue. These scars tend to go away on their own or with medications, however, the time it takes depends on the skin's regenerative properties, mineral deficiencies, and other health factors.
Common symptoms include black spots, atrophic scarring, and inflammation caused by scratching.
People also experience
- Atrophic scarring: where the skin looks pitted like an orange
- Dark acne marks: which are less severe by nature
Self-care: Applying tomato and lime juice on the scar-affected areas may help improve their appearance. Research indicates (but doesn't conclude) that applying rosemary oil to the affected areas may help. Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of liquids is also a must and applying Vitamin E-enriched creams works as well.
Medications: OTC Chemicals and OTC medications or drugs are known to help eliminate post chicken pox scars.
Specialists: Post chicken pox scars take time to heal but the good news is that you can speed up the recovery. Get in touch with dermatologists to treat post chicken pox scars effectively.
Our healthcare specialists at mfine will create a customized treatment plan after assessing your condition to give you the best possible results.