Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Cherry Angioma: Symptoms and Treatment
Cherry angioma is the appearance of a small, bright red spot on your skin which can develop on any part of your body.
Cherry angiomas are observed in 5% of adolescents and 75% of adults over 75 years of age(1)
2. Does not require medical intervention
3. Chronic - may last for a lifetime
The collection of blood vessels inside a cherry angioma gives them a bright, red appearance. They can range from a pinpoint to about one-fourth of an inch in diameter. Bleeding may occur if the angioma is scratched, rubbed or cut open.
1. Bright red circular or oval spots.
2. Regular bleeding from the spot
Cherry Angiomas do not require treatment, however they may be removed with cosmetic procedures. Following surgical procedures may be adopted for removal:
1. Electrocauterization: Burning the angioma using an electric current.
2. Cryosurgery: It involves freezing the angioma with liquid nitrogen to destroy it.
3. Laser Surgery: It makes the use of a pulsed dye laser, which generates heat on being concentrated and destroys the angioma.
4. Shave excision is the removal of angioma from the top portion of the skin and requires minimal invasion.
Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App