Book CT Scan Chest Contrast in Bangalore
- Tumors and other lesions
- Unexplained chest pain
- Intrathoracic bleeding
Request a Call Back
Lab infrastructure in Bangalore
Bangalore is a bustling city with over 250 laboratories that perform various types of tests. Most of these healthcare research facilities have the in-house infrastructure for sample storage, monitoring, and analysis, and they adhere to strict industry standards for calibrations and regulatory requirements. They also have some of the best technology available, and they offer their clients a wide range of cutting-edge high-tech lab tests, including those for diagnosing a variety of genetic conditions. They also have certified technicians on staff, in addition to other employees. Laboratory prices vary depending on the type of test you want to be performed, so before making a decision, compare options such as price, reputation, the range of services offered, and other practical factors.
Why book a CT scan Chest Contrast test?
The CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test is performed to diagnose pathological conditions mainly in the lungs and surrounding areas. The primary conditions of this test are
- Helps to monitor the process of lung diseases.
- To examine the prognosis of chest disease
- To diagnose lung diseases such as lung cancer, pleural effusion, interstitial lung disease, lung fibrosis, and many more.
- It is a fast and trustworthy process with less effort.
- It makes 3-dimensional images that are useful in determining the reason for long-standing symptoms.
What are all tests included in CT scan Chest Contrast?
The CT test stands for Computed tomography scan. A CT Scan Chest Contrast Test makes the images of the structure that is chest organs in this case, understudy obtained by the X-rays through the machine. These images are combined by using software to obtain 3-dimensional images of the lungs. This contrast helps to study and analyze the deeper structures situated within an organ. Hence, a chest CT Scan has two tests in itself- one contrast dye and one without it.
What preparation is required for CT scan Chest Contrast?
While having a CT scan, there are various key preparations and measures to be aware of –
- To begin, dress comfortably, or you may need to change into hospital gowns to make the process go more smoothly.
- Food and water intake can affect test results; therefore, it is recommended that you fast for at least 4-6 hours before the test.
- CT images can be affected by metal artefacts such as jewellery, spectacles, dentures, and hairpins. As a result, you should leave them at home.
- It is recommended that you tell your doctor about any underlying issues as well as the health of your family. Any supplements you’re using right now or in the past should be disclosed to your doctor. Any developed allergies should also be mentioned.
- On entering the machine area, you will be guided to lay down on the table with your head facing up. You will be alone with the machine during the test procedure. The technicians and the radiologist are usually in the computer area and maintain communication with the patient through audio devices in the machine area.
- In the case of small children or adults who cannot stay still or have issues with understanding, a sedative(general anaesthesia )is provided to help with the testing procedure.
What is the average cost of CT Scan Chest Contrast in Bangalore ?
The cost of a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Bangalore is usually between Rs 2000 to Rs 5000. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost at the time of booking the appointment.
How to book CT scan Chest Contrast in Bangalore?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for the CT Scan Chest Contrast Test?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for CT Scan Chest Contrast Test. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test? Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment. However, it is subject to the availability of slots.
What is a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test?
Who should get the CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test performed?
This test is used to visualize the lungs in all dimensions and therefore a person who has symptoms like chronic cough, fever, or breathlessness may be asked by a lung doctor (pulmonologist) to go through this test. Patients with lung cancer, Covid-19, pneumonia, or interstitial lung diseases can be diagnosed through this test.
Is there any risk included with this test?
The main and the biggest risk of this test is exposure to radiation in the machine room and during the procedure. Some people may not tolerate it and they will experience some discomfort. Persons who have existing kidney diseases may have some worse kidney-related symptoms.
How long does it take to do this test?
The procedure of this test will take about an hour to complete. While injecting the contrast dye, it takes a few minutes to hours to be taken up by the body which may change from person to person.
Is the CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test a painful test?
No, the CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test is a painless, accurate, and non-invasive test. but when a contrast dye is taken, it may involve a small pinprick, but usually, it is not painful.
Which test is better- CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test or an MRI?
CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test is a fast and easy process done in case of emergency so, CT Scan Chest Contrast Test is preferred by your doctor over an MRI. The time taken for a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test is considerably less, and the patient experiences less or no discomfort during the test process.
How many CT scans are required?
A number of CT scans of the chest can be done to decide the order of medical professionals based on your diseases and symptoms. This test may be performed again after a course of medicines or after surgery to assess the prognosis.
Can a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test detect Covid-19?
Yes, A CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test is related to the chest and the Covid-19 test is also related to the chest test. So, a CT Scan Chest Contrast Test test can detect Covid-19 infection too.