Consult Top Online Dietitian on MFine
What Is Nutrition And Why Is It Important?
Most of us have read the common guidelines of a healthy diet, such as avoiding junk and fried food, drinking more water, and much more! However, we lack nutrition knowledge and often forget the benefits that good nutrition can have. Before we move on to talking about the benefits of good nutrition, let us understand what nutrition is all about. According to the World Health Organization, nutrition is crucial to health and development and can be linked to better immune systems. Good nutrition can boost your health in the following ways:-
The DIET – a four letter word is getting interpreted in different ways. So we should know how to take care of our eating habits. To know it better, It’s better to get in touch with the most eminent person – Clinical Dietitian.
- Helps Manage Weight – According to data from WHO, about 13% of the world’s population was obese in 2016. A nutritious diet can go a long way in maintaining a healthy body weight while avoiding the negatives of fad diets. Thus, good nutrition helps your body get the nutrients necessary for the body’s proper functioning while helping manage weight.
- Protection From Chronic Diseases – Poor nutrition can lead to issues like malnutrition and obesity, which can cause chronic diseases like diabetes and heart issues. A whole-food approach to nutrition can help prevent these conditions and help you lead a longer, healthier life.
- Strengthens The Immune System – Just like other body processes and organs, our immune system needs nutrients for its proper functioning. Including a variety of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet can help boost your immune system and ensure proper performance.
- Improves Cognitive Function – Although all nutrients are necessary, specific foods like berries and tomatoes can improve cognitive function. Moreover, these are rich in antioxidants and can delay signs of aging.
- Supports Mental Well-Being – Nutrients like iron and omega-3 fatty acids in protein-rich food can help boost your mood. Moreover, a healthy diet keeps you full, satiates hunger, controls cravings, and increases performance.
Are you curious about nutrition and want to include nutritious meals in your daily life? Get in touch with the top nutritionist/dietitian in Guwahati on MFine and get closer to a healthier life.
Is There Any Benefit To Drinking Water?
Our body is made up of 60% water, and drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily is recommended. Although there’s little scientific evidence offering the quantitative measure, it is important to stay hydrated. Some science-based benefits of drinking water include:-
- Improvement in Performance – Dehydration can cause a lack in one’s physical performance. Research shows that dehydration leads to increased fatigue and reduced motivation which can highly impact athletes. Hence, drinking water can be associated with an improvement in physical performance.
- Affects Brain Function and Energy Levels – A study conducted on young women found that fluid loss of about 1.4% after rigorous exercise caused negative effects on mood and concentration and boosted headaches. The same research team conducted a similar study on men and found mild dehydration caused an impairment in their memory and led to anxiety and fatigue.
- Prevents and Treats Headaches – Loss of water can trigger headaches and migraines which can hamper daily life. Moreover, studies suggest that drinking water can help relieve headaches in those who experience it quite frequently.
- Help In Smooth Bowel Function – Constipation can be a negative side effect of reduced water consumption in older people. Mineral water rich in magnesium and sodium is particularly helpful in increasing bowel movements.
Are Healthy Foods Tasty?
Most people have a misconception that healthy food is not tasty which discourages them from trying out healthy, nutritious diets. Well, a vast number of foods are not only healthy and filling but are also quite delicious. Fill up your plate with these foods and move a step closer to a better life without many complications:-
- Fruits and Berries – Rich in natural sugars, fruits and berries are easy to incorporate into meals and act as a great snacking option. They are also a great way to satisfy your sweet cravings (if any) without reaping the negatives of desserts.
- Lean, Unprocessed Meat – These are rich in proteins and can help your body recover and regenerate. Some great examples include lean beef, lamb, and chicken breasts. We recommend avoiding processed meats as they’re quite high in saturated and trans fats.
- Eggs – One of the most nutritious and versatile ingredients, eggs are rich in healthy cholesterol and proteins. However, ensure you consume it in moderation to avoid negative effects.
- Fish and Seafood – Tending to be healthy and nutritious, fish and seafood are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and iodine. Both of these nutrients are essential to the body and can help prevent signs of ageing.
Do you want to get more recommendations about healthy, tasty foods that you can include in your regular diet? Get in touch with the top nutritionist/dietitian in Guwahati on MFine and get a curated meal plan.
Is Snacking Healthy?
Contrary to popular belief, snacking can be a great way to satiate your hunger and power through to reach the next meal. However, most people often reach for the most unhealthy, low-nutrition snacks that cause more harm. Some nourishing snack options that you can reach for include:-
- Protein Bars – A convenient, on-the-move snack, protein bars are nutritious and quite filling. Moreover, they are made with whole food ingredients and are quite easy to find.
- Dates – A highly delicious snacking option, dates are naturally sweet and also rich in antioxidants. These are a great option to naturally satisfy one’s sugar cravings too.
- Trail Mix – A budget, low-calorie snacking option, trail mixes contain different nuts and seeds. These are quite great for munching on and provide a great fill of antioxidants.
- Dark Chocolate – Unlike popular belief, chocolate can be healthy. But, ensure you reach for dark chocolates to provide the boost of energy and antioxidants your body needs. It is also well-known as a snack that uplifts mood and improves concentration.
- Cottage Cheese – High in protein, cottage cheese can be a great snack when mixed with a variety of fruits. Or, you can use cottage cheese with everything bagel seasoning to satisfy your savory cravings.
Book A Consultation With The Top Nutritionist in Guwahati
There are several qualified, expert nutritionists and dietitians in Guwahati, who can help you lead a healthier life in no time. But why should you settle and not go for the best? Find the top nutritionist/dietitian in Guwahati on MFine.
Book a visit at your convenience in no time, or choose a teleconsultation session to get an expert opinion in the comfort of your home. MFine connects you with these experts in no time to let you get a step closer to your goal of leading a better, healthier life.