Swine Flu: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
Swine flu is a human respiratory infection caused by Swine influenza virus (SIV) or swine-origin influenza virus (S-OIV) that is endemic in pigs or swine.
Swine flu most commonly affects adults over 65 years and children under five years. 
1. Requires a medical diagnosis
2. Partly preventable by vaccination
3. Treatable by a medical professional
4. Seasonal Flu
5. Spreads easily
6. Short-term: resolves within days to weeks.
7. Lab tests, imaging often required.
Swine flu or H1N1 flu is the name for the influenza type A virus infection or flu that affects pigs or swine. It is highly contagious and can spread by touching anything the infected person has touched.
Signs of Swine Flu are self-diagnosable. People may experience:
5. Body aches
6. Sore throat
1. Stay warm and well-rested
2. Blowing your nose often
3. Salt-water rinsing to break nasal congestion is also recommended
1. Antiviral drugs can be prescribed by doctors
2. Antibiotics are also helpful to make the illness mild. They should be taken on doctorâ€™s guidance and prescription.
Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.