Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Causes and Treatment
When abnormal cell rapidly multiplies and doesn't stop reproducing, this condition is called cancer. It can develop anywhere in the body but when it occurs in the lung, it is called lung cancer. Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common kind of cancer.
Non-small cell lung cancer comprises 80 to 85 percent of lung cancer diagnoses.
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging such as MRI and CT scan always required
- Microscopic examination of sputum (phlegm) required
Apart from smoking cigarettes or being exposed to secondhand smoke, exposure to asbestos and certain paints or chemicals may also increase the risk.
- Chest pain
- Persistent cough
- Weight loss
- Breathing problems
- Joint or bone pain
- Coughing blood
- Hoarseness or voice changes
- Harsh, raspy sounds while breathing
- Try to relax when feeling short of breath. Try relaxing by listening to music or meditating.
- Find a comfortable position which may help when feeling short of breath.
- Focus on the breath when feeling short of breath. Try breathing through pursed lips and pacing breath with activity.
The doctor may prescribe specific drugs to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Specialists might recommend surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. Contact mfine and come on board for holistic treatment.